Chapter 8 | ℑ𝔩𝔩𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰

{ℑ'𝔪 𝔰𝔬 𝔰𝔦𝔠𝔨 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔱𝔦𝔯𝔢𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔦𝔱, 𝔴𝔥𝔢𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔩𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔫𝔰 𝔬𝔫, ℑ 𝔥𝔬𝔭𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲'𝔯𝔢 𝔤𝔬𝔫𝔢}

Lex extended his hand, pulling Lucas up from the murky floor as he dusted his palms off on his jersey while maintaining eye contact with Jason. "What the hell we're you guys doing?" The boy shot with his eyebrows furrowed. Lucas turned toward Jason. A nervous look on his face. "I was..." he quickly pointed between him and Lex who just strengthen his glare. "We were...looking for clues"

"Clues" Patrick scoffed, pointing a finger at them. "What, freshmen think they're Sherlock Holmes or something?" He joked. Lex propped his hands on his hips slowly watching the two seniors do a proper handshake before turning towards. "Yo, let's go"

Lucas sent Lex a look of desperation before anxiously tapping his foot. "We found one" he blurted out. Both Lexus and Jason furrowed their eyebrows. "What?" The boy turned toward the blonde haired boy. "A clue, remember" he murmured hoping that the boy got his jest.

Lex pressed his tongue against the inside of his cheek before scratching his chin. "Yep we found..." he grinned, finding this whole situation surreal. "...a stupid fucking clue" Lucas took a brave step forward. "We know where Eddie's hiding"

"Of course, we do" Lexus rolled his eyes before sending Jason a fake smile as Lucas gripped tightly onto his arm. "We somehow always do and no one ever bothers to ask how" he muttered underneath his breath.

•••

"Dustin, do you copy?" Robin's sounded from the walkie talkie. Dustin took the walkie-talkie from the side of his backpack putting it up to his mouth. "Yeah, I copy" he responded. "So, Nancy's a genius. Vecna's first victims date back all the way to 1959. Her shot in the dark was a bull's-eye" Robin ranted with a huge smile on her face.

The boy scrunched up his face. "Okay, that's totally bonkers, but I can't really talk right now" he whispered as Grayson led the way through the school with her flashlight illuminating the dark eerie hallways. "Wait what are you doing?" The girl questioned.

"Breaking and entering school" Grayson raised her voice, flinching as her words echoed throughout the long narrow hallway. "To retrieve confidential and extremely personal files fun stuff really" she mumbled. "Can you repeat that?"

Grayson broke into a small smile. "Just get your ass over here as soon as possible and we'll make sure to explain everything" she yelled receiving a middle finger from Dustin who jumped at her voice.