Chapter 12 | 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔇𝔯𝔞𝔴𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰

{ℭ𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔬𝔲𝔱, 𝔡𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔱𝔬𝔫𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔰𝔞𝔶 𝔦𝔱 𝔴𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔩𝔦𝔨𝔢}

Eddie frantically searched through his cabinets for food, opening and closing any doors that were proven useless to him. "Nope" he whispered, swinging the top white cabinet door open. The metal head pressed his lips into a thin line shutting the doors.

He moved to the next cabinet over, pulling the doors forward, spotting a can of soup with a boring look. "Yeah" the boy snorted picking up the tin can, "You'll do" shutting the doors.

Eddie moved to the stove, turning the knob and placing the pan on the heating pad. He opened the tin can and watched as the soup hit the pan with a wet sound that made his face scrunch up in disgust.

He mixed the SpaghettiOs, picking up the walkie-talkie in one hand and the pan in the other. "Hey, Dustin, Grayson, this is Eddie the Banished. You guys there?"

He tried again when there was so answer."Dustin, Grayson, can you hear me?"

"Dustin?" Eddie questioned in a sing-song voice.

Nancy awoke with a start. She rubbed her eyes, glancing around the room half asleep before landing her eyes on Dustin sleeping against the TV with his arms crossed, Robin leaning her head down on the old unused D&D table, Lucas and Lex leaning their heads against each other, and Grayson being crushed against Steve's chest on the couch. Nancy rubbed her eyes with the back of her palm one more eye before grabbing ahold of the walkie-talkie.

"Earth to Dustin. Earth to Graysonnn" he dragged, biting down on the soup.

Nancy pulled on the antenna, lowering her voice. "Hey, it's Nancy"

Eddie launched at the walkie talkie almost dropping it in the pan full of soup. "Wheeler! Hey, um, I'm gonna need a food delivery," he said walking towards the nearest window. "Like, really soon, unless if you want me going out into the world—

Nancy shook her head, shutting her eyes. "No. No. No. No. Don't do that. Just stay where you are, and we'll be there as soon as we can"

The metal head glanced out the window wolfing down the soup without a stop. He was starving. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Listen, um...can you pick me up a six-pack?" The girl's shoulders dropped. "I know, it's stupid as shit, drinking right now, but a cold beer would really calm my jangled nerves"

Nancy took one more look around the room and felt her heart drop. Max's spot next to Grayson and Steve was completely empty as if the girl had been gone for hours. "Hey, I'm gonna have to call you back"