𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐲'𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲.
𝟏𝟏:𝟎𝟎𝐚𝐦.

Ayesha, Savannah and Brittany had all been up bright and early getting the house prepared for the housewarming they were having tomorrow. Ayesha insisted that they'd be working on it all week, so it could be fabulous for Friday. Ayesha and Savannah even had a little surprise for Brittany, but they were saving that for tomorrow.

Two surprises were in store for Brittany. Savannah knew that Ayesha invited Jordan and they were inviting there other friend whom they were also close to in their circle.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. "I'll get it." Brittany told them, while they continued to put up decorations. They both nodded, keeping their conversation going. Brittany made her way to the front door, opening it she her eyes were met with a brown-skinned woman, who looked about in her twenties.

"Hi! Um I'm Victoria. I see that you're new to the neighborhood, and I just wanted to say welcome." Brittany instantly smiled, taking the plate and the gift bag the young woman had for her. "That's very sweet of you! Come on in." She held out her hand allowing Victoria to come into the home.

"Y'all one of my neighbors is here. Her name is Victoria." The other two ladies smiled at Victoria. "We hug over here girl." They pulled the new visitor for a hug individually. The four females talked and laughed while they all pitched in with setting up the house for the big day tomorrow.

Eventually they sat down on the couch and talked. "Brittany I picked up on your accent, are you from down south?" Victoria asked her. Brittany nodded, "Yes, Houston to be exact." Victoria went into shock, an inhale came from her mouth. "You're lying! Girl me too, I knew I wasn't trippin'!" They both smiled sending out a laugh.

"Uh oh, two southern girls in the building." Savannah told them playfully rolling her eyes, she was glad though that Brittany had someone else with a similarlity to her. "Oh Victoria, I'm having a housewarming party tomorrow. I know it's short notice, but I'd love for you to come." Victoria nodded. "I will be there, just give me your number so you can give me the time."

Brittany put her number in Victoria's phone, and let her give her the contact name that she wanted. Instantly Victoria typed it in. Brittany smiled as she saw it "Brit.🤎" was displayed across the screen.

After they talked they went back to finishing the last few decorations all the girls exchanged numbers, and they all said their goodbyes to each other. If it wasn't for the street lights in the neighborhood it would have been pitch black when the girls left. Brittany waved goodbye from the front door watching them all leave.

Savannah was the last one to pull away from the curb following Ayesha out of the neighborhood. Brittany then closed and locked the door behind her because she wasn't trying to get snatched up like in the movies. Nice neighborhood or not, she wasn't taking any chances. Turning off her lights downstairs, she walked upstairs to her bedroom and took a shower.

She was beyond anxious to see how tomorrow would go, but she was willing to get out of her comfort zone. At least if it was even for a couple of hours. Brittany was really shy and quiet, but that had to leave for tomorrow. Especially meeting people she didn't know, she didn't want her shyness to seem like she was socially awkward.

This was a new beginning for her, a fresh start. New friendships, new beginnings. New everything. Brittany watched her phone light up, she was confused, but happy seeing that it was a text from one of her best-friend's Kamiah.