𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐲'𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞.
𝟕:𝟑𝟎𝐩𝐦.

Jayson.💚
I'm in yo city what's good.

Brittany re-read the message that she responded to. She knew she shouldn't have responded, because of the feelings that Jayson has towards her, but he was her friend, and she didn't want to leave him hanging.

Brittany.❤️
Hey you are? I don't know if it would be a good look for us to be around each other Jay.

Jayson.💚
I haven't seen you in forever. Cmon Brit, just let me take you out to dinner at least.

Brittany.❤️
Okay, that's fine.

"I mean... y'all aren't together. I don't see why it would be a big issue... just two old friends catching up." Stephen's little sister Sydel said on the other end of the phone.

Brittany, Kamiah and Sydel were all trying to figure out if her plans of going out with Jayson tonight would be a good look.

Sydel on one hand agreed with the outing, while Kamiah on the other hand didn't. She was close to Jayson, so she knew how petty he was on the low and how he could make things look.

"Jayson is like my brother and you're like my sister, trust it's not gonna be a good idea for you to go. Cause his ass will post some shit, then you're gonna have to explain it to Jordan."

The bad thing was, Brittany already agreed to the outing with Jayson. She already shot a text his way stating that she would be coming at the time he sent. She called her girls thinking they would agree, and only one did.

"Okay, well I'll figure this out. Talk to you guys later, love you." She hung up letting out a big sigh.

"Please let this go well." Brittany thought to herself.

𝐂𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐋𝐀.
𝟖:𝟏𝟓𝐩𝐦.

Brittany arrived at the restaurant that Jayson and her were meeting at. Jayson was already there, waiting for her to come to the area that he had made a reservation for.

While she walked through some of the looks she got made her feel more comfortable, older couples sent her a look of approval, some women of her outfit.

She had on a short cut white dress, that complimented her shape very perfectly.

"Mrs. Hill?" A host asked her. "Yes that's me." The female lead Brittany to a more secluded area of the restaurant.

"Here she is, Mr. Tatum." Brittany was immediately greeted by the Boston Celtics, shooting forward. He got up from his seat and wrapped his arms around her lower back. Brittany accepted the embrace wrapping her arms around him as well.

"Moms still asks about you all the time." Jayson was hitting all the spots that Brittany swore were gonna be avoided.

"Really? Tell her I miss her, how's Deuce?" She tried to switch the conversation, she did know how much love he had for his little one. Brittany was very close to Deuce at one point, her taking care of him the days when Jayson was sick or anything.

"He's fine... Brit I miss you." The three words she was avoiding from hearing. "Jayson I know, but we didn't work o—" He cut her off quickly.

"We were young, I was stupid... I'm a grown man now, I know how to treat you. Allow me to Brittany."

Brittany and Jayson almost had a thing a few years back before she moved to Los Angeles. While she was a college student the two started a friendship that almost became something more.

Right when things were about to get serious, he told her that he couldn't date, she found out a few weeks later that he had rekindled a romantic relationship with another girl on a different college campus.

She was hurt, but he wanted to remain friends with her. With her southern hospitality she agreed, the same hospitality was the reason she was sitting across the table from him at this moment.

"And let you do the same thing you did to me before? It's not happening, we're better as friends. Platonically."

"Jayson why can't we just have a nice dinner and catch up, we don't have to talk about this."

Part of her knew that this "outing" would somehow come to this. Them once again having a disagreement every time he would bring it up.

Brittany quickly got up ready to head for the door of the little area Jayson reserved. She was stopped by him getting out of his chair and towering over her.

His hand on her waist, while her weight shifted to one of her hips. "Look, I don't wanna argue about this. I just miss you, I want it to be like the way it was Brittany."

Brittany removed his hand that was placed on her waist, giving him a stern look. "We can't, stop bringing it up. We can be friends, but it'll never be how it used to Jayson."

"It's because of that nigga ain't it?" Jayson's jealousy boiled, he had already gotten word that Brittany was fooling around with Jordan. But he just knew that his Brittany would take him back.

"You know what it may be, but it's also because I'm not the same girl you met in college Jayson."

The two let out their feud, that they had been holding in for the past years. Everything wasn't as nice as Jayson and Brittany portrayed their friendship to be on social media, it was pain on both ends.

Now it was more on Jayson's end because he regretted that he didn't take her serious at the time when he should have.

Their arguing came to an end once all the disagreements came out, they both agreed on being friends and hugged it out once their venting session was over.

What the pair didn't know, is that cameras would be waiting outside for them. Paparazzi had been notified that they were at the restaurant.

Once they walked out they were in for a show.

"Jayson how's it in Boston?" One cameraman asked. "Are you guys seeing each other?" Another asked.

"Just stay close." Jayson's guided her close occasionally looking back at her to make sure. Once she made it to her car, he opened the door for her sending a kiss to her cheek before closing the door.

Brittany made it home in around thirty minutes seeing that her phone was constantly blowing up.

There was one text message that caught her attention more than the others.

Jordan.🤍
Yo, you deadass right now?

HEY GUYS!

This chapter got messy lmao.

What do y'all think Jordan is texting her about??

More mess, I hope y'all don't think Jayson's appearance is over cause it's not!

I hope you all enjoyed reading this chapter! See you next chapter!