Chapter 15

❝You still remember?

_______________________________________

The tall figure who has yet to pick a seat on the bus came into view in Bridget's gaze. The hunk noticed Bridget's unexpected presence and gave her a faint smile. He chose to sit on the empty seat behind her which left her confused and disappointed.

Bridget rested her head against the window as she watched the view outside change every second due to the moving vehicle. Why didn't he sit beside her? What keeps him from striking up a conversation?

"So," His voice made Bridget's shoulders jump in surprise.

"Why are you riding the bus?" He asked as he rested his arms on the headrest of her seat.

"What do you mean? Am I not allowed to do so?" She snapped—giving him a quick glance before returning to her original position.

"Well, I didn't say that. But don't you have a car?" Terrence calmly questioned despite the attitude she gave him.

"I came to a restaurant with my family. But I had to leave early."

Terrence didn't bother coming up with a reply but he still wasn't moving from his current position. He noticed that a few chunks of her hair weren't tucked behind her head and they were awkwardly resting on the top of the headrest. Terrence couldn't bear seeing her hair remain like that. As if his body acted on its own, his hand slowly reached for her hair and neatly fixed it.

Bridget's body tensed from the man's touch. She tightly clutched the strap of her bag as his touch still lingers on her skin. 

"How are you, by the way?"

"I'm fine."

"You don't sound fine."

"You don't want to hear it," She firmly insisted before letting out a sigh.

"But what if I do?" Her body slightly turned around to look at him in annoyance. 

"Do you have a perfect sibling?"

"No, I'm an only child."

"Well, good for you." Bridget shifted her position. Her back was now rested against the window just so she can converse with him properly.

"My parents were super against the major that I chose and I'm almost graduating but I can still feel their disappointment with me. Meanwhile, my sister who also picked out a major that wasn't favored by my parents managed to be successful." Terrence nodded as a signal for her to continue with her words.

"My sister and I were never close. When we were little, we played with different kinds of toys so we had no bonding whatsoever. While growing up, she started becoming so mean to me." Her fingers brushed against her hair in frustration as every bad memory she had with her sister reminisced. 

"When we were younger, she was just straightforward mean to me. But after she matured, she was way worse. She will use my weakness and mock it to make me mad."

"How did your relationship with her become like this?"

"I can't come up with a reason why. But I think it was because I have friends."

His lips curved. "Care to elaborate?"

"Due to her disgusting attitude, she never had real friends. People are only nice to her because she manages the cooking club—which was oddly a very popular club when she was in high school. Many would send applications and suck up to her just so they can join."

"I have no idea what happened earlier. But I recommend distracting yourself for a bit."

"I already am distracted, thanks to you."

____

Eloise has only one goal for the day: to open her eyes.

She has absolutely no idea how she is going to attend her internship today without seeing Brahms or even Miles.

Two men marched into her life and just decided to proclaim their love for her. Her high school sweetheart—if he even counts as one and a doctor that she randomly met during her internship. Although no one is pressuring her to make a decision, her mind keeps insisting that she can only entertain one of them.

But despite desiring to be accompanied by her bed all day, she has no choice but to show up at the hospital for the last day of filming.

Eloise turned around after feeling a tap on her shoulder. "Hey, I got you this."

In his hand was a box of eclairs. Her eyes were coated in surprise. 

"How do you know I like these?" She exclaimed as she grabbed the eclairs from his hand.

"You liked eating those for lunch back in high school," He simply replied.

"You still remember?" Eloise smiled as she inhaled the scent of the delicious-looking eclairs. 

"Thank you for these." 

"Anytime." Miles wiped his hands against his pants as he studied her reaction to his small gift.

"I have to go now. Eat well." He glanced at his watch before tapping her on the shoulder.

Eloise was so impressed how he managed to remember all these little things about her when it has been almost four years since they last met. Her heart couldn't help but get excited with his small gesture. 

Why does the universe keep making it hard for her to choose!