- Chapter One -

___________________

Chapter One - Welcome Home ___________________

___________________

Ladies and gentlemen, Delta Airlines welcomes you to Hawkins, Indiana. The local time is 11:36 PM. For your safety and the safety of those around you, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened. Thank you for flying with us, enjoy your stay.

Harley Emerson's enthusiasm for returning to the terrible city of Hawkins, Indiana, had never been greater. The familiar, colorless aura welcomed him home comfortably.

His younger sister slept soundly next to him, her head resting on his shoulder. Her walkman was plugged in, probably playing some kind of boy band that Harley couldn't be more uninterested in.

Harley reached over and pulled the headphones off of the younger girl,

"Hey CJ, we're home," he muttered gently. CJ stirred in her seat before lifting her head off of her brother and rubbing her eyes with the back of her palm. When she realized they were going to land soon, she became more energetic than ever.

"We are? Oh my god, how long until we land? Is someone going to pick us up? How long do you think it will be to drive home? Can we get food?" The young girl rambled, her hands pressed against the window, light raindrops covering it. Harley shook his head and reached over, digging his fingertips into his sisters' sides,

"Not if you keep asking questions," He jokes through gritted teeth. CJ chuckled loudly, using her smaller hands to push off her brothers.

The plane landed shortly, about ten minutes after the announcement. Though exiting the plane was a bit harder.

Harley grabbed his and CJ's bags from the overhead bin, putting his own on, and handed the other to CJ,

"I don't wanna wear it," She complained. Harley looked at her with a dazed smile on his face,

"Excuse me?" He asked, genuinely confused.

"It's heavy"

Harley choked out a laugh, "Okay? So is mine," He responded, shaking CJ's pink backpack in front of her face.

"Not wearing it," She said, crossing her arms and walking down the aisle of the plane.

And that's how Harley ended up wearing two backpacks. His own gray one on his back, and his sister's pink princess one on his stomach. He felt like an idiot, but that wasn't going to stop him from not jumping for joy.