- Chapter Three -

______________________

Chapter Three: Curses and Catastrophe ______________________!! cw for: mention of homophobia and child abuse !!

______________________
!! cw for: mention of homophobia and child abuse !!

Harley and Eddie didn't sleep that night. For good reason. They both had just seen Chrissy Cunningham be thrown around in the air by an unseen force and then snapped in half.

It was an awful sight, but all that ran through Harley's head was whether or not they were going to get pinned for her death.

yeah, being snapped in half surely isn't a natural way to die, so someone's going to be blamed. and since the murder took place in Eddie's trailer, and his uncle has an alibi for being at work... there's only one person they could suspect.

The two of them sat in Harley's room quietly, neither wanting to talk anymore about what they saw last night.

so they sat in silence all night, too scared to turn on music, too nervous to crack a joke, and definitely too scared to fall asleep.

Light footsteps were heard in the hallway, and he already knew it was his sister, coming to beg for food.

"Harley! Make me something to eat!"

Harley groaned loudly into his hands before sliding off the bed lazily and dragging himself through the trailer.

Eddie trailed behind Harley nervously as he walked to the kitchen to make his sister something to eat. He just quickly poured her a bowl of cereal and popped some bread into the toaster.

The blonde leaned against the counter, eyes catching the TV screen.

Eddies trailer.

Harley pushed himself off the counter and walked closer to the TV,

"There has been a murder here in Hawkins. The victim's identity is unclear, but the police are doing everything they can to get things sorted out for now. all we know is the victim was a blonde high school student from Hawkins High-" The reporter said standing in front of Eddie's trailer.

Harley looked over at the Munson boy, his eyes widened. He looked as if he could cry again.

"No, I-" Was all he could murmur as he continued to watch the screen, even after the broadcast finished. "Shit" Harley frowned at the brunette boy, watching the way his eyebrows sank and his eyes glossed over.

Harley placed a comforting arm on the boy's shoulder. He didn't flinch or pull away.

Eddie smiled at him, but Harley could see through that it was fake, which made him all the sadder.