"youre not so bad after all hargrove."

slight trigger warning! mentions of sexual abuse and assault as well as rape.

as we got in the car billy asked me if he had touched me anywhere else. "billy im fine i promise." i said, a soft smile on my lips. "i can't have king steve's little sister getting assaulted by that douche." billy said. "yeah yeah." i said giggling. i was struggling. i couldn't let him know that though cause god knows what he would think of me. a fucked up harrington? nobody's ever heard of such a thing. well i am. i was raped and sexually assaulted and abused twice and nobody helped me. besides my brother, which i guess is why he doesn't let me go to any parties without him now. it only happened two years ago. i was a freshman in high school. i had gotten drugged, raped, sexually assaulted and abused. it was the worst night of my life. no matter how many therapists i see, no one can help with the ptsd, the depression, the anxiety. the nightmares. god the nightmares. i wake up screaming, crying. they're horrible and all steve can do is comfort me. our parents are never home so they don't even know what happened to me.

"hey, you ok?" billy asked looking at me. "oh yeah sorry i must've zoned out. i'm sorry" i said, worried it might've made him mad. "princess don't be sorry, everybody zones out. it's ok." he said putting his hand on my thigh and then immediately taking it off apologizing. "it's ok, you can leave it there if you'd like.?" i said. yes i was deathly afraid i was gonna get raped or assaulted again, but with billy i felt safe and felt like he would protect me from that. if only we knew each other two years ago. "uhm do you mind if i tell you something.?" i asked, worried he might hate me after this. "of course sweetheart, i'm listening." i loved the nicknames he had for me, and we've only known each other for a day. "promise me you won't hate me or go on a rampage on him?" i asked. "depends."

i forgot to mention that my rapist and assaulter was tommy fucking hagan. "so uhm a few years ago i was at a party. freshman year. i was drugged and raped and sexually abused and assaulted. by tommy. i'm sorry if it's too much i can just walk the rest of the way if you'd rather me do that-" i was cut off. "princess i am so sorry. don't worry about school tomorrow. i'll handle tommy." he said. i saw his knuckles turn white as his grip tightened on the steering wheel.

we pulled into the driveway to notice steve's car was gone. "thank you for the ride billy. you can come in if you'd like?" i said grabbing my bag and getting out of the car. "of course i would princess."

496 words