Chapter 1

Lilly POV

Hi my name is Lilly and I'm 17 years old and yes I don't talk to anyone at all. It all started when I was younger I was going to my grandparents house with my family and had a amazing time there until we went all the way home. Well basically to make it short we got into a car crash that killed all of my family members. I was the only one that survived. It was the most traumatic experience I've ever been through in my life. Now I live with my aunt and uncle who haven't really heard me speak at all. Not even before the car crash. Well I have to get ready for school now.

I got out of bed and went to pick out clothes for the day. It was just a black hoodie with some black ripped jeans. I put on my black converse grabbed my phone and earbuds and head downstairs. My aunt and uncle are trying to make me talk but it never works. They do it almost every morning and I do see a therapist like once a week. Sometimes I just wish that my family is there.

"Oh good morning sweetie how did you sleep last night" said my aunt being all curious. I just gave her a shrugged like an it was alright. I grabbed my breakfast waved to my aunt and headed off to the worst place ever school.

I put on my earbuds head over to Spotify and listening to something to believe in by Laura Marano. God I love her so much I'm hoping that I can have a career like her someday. When I arrived at school I went straight to my locker. At my school there was like a lot of different kinds of groups. Like there's the popular group who really hate me the jocks the nerds the computer techie group the pride group and there's me the loner. Why is school the worst.

I went over to my first class which is English. I love English and writing and the teacher is super nice. I went over to my seat and went on my phone until class starts. Once the bell rang I took out my earbuds and put them away but will have my phone out for a little bit longer.

One of the popular is walking towards me which made me scared because she's the meanest person you will ever. Like picture mean girls but terrible. Her name is Jane and she is my main bully for not talking.

"Ugh look who it is it's the mute freak who is depressed all the time." Said Jane. Like I said pure evil. I just looked down at my phone like I have nothing better to do. Then she grabbed my phone and put her hand on my chin to make me look at while she's talking.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you or your not getting your poor little phone back do you understand me." Jane said very angrily. I gave her a slight nod because let's be honest I'm pretty much scared of her. She puts my phone on the desk. "Good later loser." She said. She laughs off and goes to her seat. I just put my head on the table to rest my eyes. The rest of the class walked in and sat at there seats. Then the teacher came out put her stuff down and it's time for learning. I woke up from my mini nap as the teacher was talking.

"Alright class so we have a new student today he's from New Hampshire this is Kyle Roberts." Ms. Smith said. He had blond hair blue eyes and was wearing a typical boy outfit.

"Ok Kyle you can go sit with Lilly right in the back if that's ok with you." Said Ms. Smith. Kyle went to sit next to me. This never happens so it was pretty shocking to me.