Chapter 7

Lilly pov

I was in his room and started working on our project. I know Kyle has a good idea on what our project is going to be. But I never thought that we will research everything on William Shakespeare. As we started working on our project Kyle showed me around his room. So far I know that he's really into the TV show friends which I've only seen like one or two episodes of that show. I feel like I'm getting to know Kyle a little bit more and more as I hung out with him. I feel like for once I consider him as a friend. Ever since I stopped talking I never really had a friend in a long time and I just felt lonely and got bullied for so long. I also felt like I couldn't trust anyone anymore because I just know that people aren't going to be nice to me.

"So Lilly do you wanna listen to music as we're working on our project?" Kyle asked. I nodded. Kyle went on his phone and put on Spotify and played his music on shuffle. I didn't know what he likes to listen to on a regular basis. It seems like he's more into songs that make him happy while my music taste is more like sad depressing breakup songs that makes people cry.

He looked at me and said. "Oh I'm sorry I didn't know that you don't like this music taste. Do you want me to play something else?" I took his hand and gave him the "it's okay don't worry." Look. I wrote. "You don't have to apologize for anything honestly my music taste is probably worse than yours anyway."

"Okay well what's your playlist and play a song from that?" He asked. I grabbed my phone and went on to Spotify and went on my main playlist that I have called. "Welp half of the songs are just me having a party while the other half is just me being in pain 🥳💔." And I played a song from that playlist and it was this time last year by you guessed it Laura marano. He was jamming to it I don't know if he liked it or just I don't know wanted to play another song. He looked at me like that he was really into it though.

"Oh I like it Lilly but why is it so sad?" I shrugged and wrote. "Idk maybe it's because it's a breakup song but I think that it's the best song that she has wrote lyrically because you can feel her her pain into what she went through with her breakup."

"Wow that's very deep." He said.

"Yeah I know that song is one of my favorite songs right now because it's all the emotions that comes to it like it's pretty upbeat but it's also just very emotional and sad." I wrote.

"Do you write your own songs?" He asked.

"I only wrote one song in 8th grade when I wrote a blues song about heart attacks but I wanna write more songs in the future." I wrote.

"Was it a good song though?" He asked. I mouthed. "Oh god no it was very bad." He just started laughing like a maniac. I just laughed silently. I checked my phone and my aunt sent me a message saying that. "Lilly you need to go home dinners ready."

I looked at Kyle and mouthed. "Kyle I have to go and eat dinner." Kyle looked at me and said. "Okay want me to take you?" I shook for no and mouthed. "No you really don't have to."

"But I want too and besides I wanna make sure that you're okay." He said. I rolled my eyes playfully and mouthed. "Okay fine." We went downstairs and said goodbye to his mom and started heading out back to my house. We made it to my house and I was heading to the door. I looked at him and gave him a small smile.

"Thank you for inviting me to your house I have a great time." I mouthed. "Oh you're welcome Lilly I hope you have a great day." He said. I nodded and mouthed. "You too Kyle." I was about to come in but then all of a sudden my aunt opened the door to let me in.

"Oh hi Lilly hi Kyle." Said my aunt.

"Hey sorry Lilly was at my house Melanie." Said Kyle. "Oh that's okay Kyle you don't have to worry about that Shawn and I are just about to have dinner. Wanna join us." Asked my aunt.

"I would love to Melanie just let me text my mom to let her know okay." Said Kyle.

"Okay well you two can come in and get settled in for dinner." Said my aunt. We both went in to my house and just hung out for a little bit before dinner was ready. We ate dinner and we went upstairs to my room to hang out for a little bit.

I showed him around my room and he looked pretty stunned of the amount of Laura posters I have in my room.

"Wow this is your room?" He asked.

I nodded. He looked at me with a smile on his face and sat on my bed. I sat next to him looking at the floor feeling embarrassed.

He tapped on my shoulder and said. "Hey what's wrong are you okay?"

I grabbed my notebook and wrote. "Yeah I'm fine I just have a lot going on in my head right now sorry."

"Oh I'm sorry. Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked.

I just shrugged my shoulders and looked at the floor.

"Well I do like your room if that's what your asking me." He stated.

I smiled and mouthed "thank you."

"Wow you really love this girl don't you." He said.

I nodded and wrote. "Yeah I do I know it's so embarrassing to be a fan of someone who's not really famous but she has helped me gone through some tough times in my life that I'm not even sure if I should say because it's really emotional to me and I really don't know what I'll do without her in my life because she has been there for me unlike anyone else and that was before you came into my life so yeah sorry I don't know what I'm saying right now."

"Wow that went deep you probably went through a lot when you were younger. Can I ask how long have you been loving her?" He asked.

"Well I was 6 when I first started watching her on Austin and ally but I didn't realize that I love her until I was 9 from a dream." I wrote.

"Damn Lilly she is pretty much your everything. I hope you meet her in person someday." He said.

"Me too." I mouthed.