Chapter 5

Kyle's POV

We went to my new neighbor's house for dinner because it was my mother's idea to which was crazy because after my parents divorced we didn't really go out unless if it's school and work. But my mom thought that it would be a great idea for us to get out of the house. We knocked on the door and a woman opened up the door.

"Ms. Peterson hi welcome to our home." She greeted with a smile. "Well thank you for inviting us Mrs. Roberts we're so excited for good food." She replied. "Oh well please come on in guys and please you can call me Melanie and this is my husband Shawn and we have a niece Lilly who's upstairs in her room I think." She said.

"It's nice to meet you guys well I'm Susan and this is Annabelle and Kyle my two kids." My mom said very cheerful. "Oh Shawn do you mind getting Lilly from her room please?" She asked. "Sure." He replied. Shawn went to go get Lilly from her bedroom. I just stood there awkwardly not really know what to do. Annabelle finally spoke up to break the silence.

"Uh I like your outfit Melanie." She said. "Oh thank you Annabelle I got it at a mall recently and I think it looks so cute. Do you like to go shopping Annabelle?" She asked. "Uh yeah I do I love getting new clothes from the mall." She replied. "You see I wanna take Lilly shopping but she has always been not interested in going shopping though. She's been going through a lot in the last year and just hasn't been herself at all."

A few minutes later a auburn brown haired girl came with Shawn downstairs. She looked pretty familiar like I've seen her before. It turned out to be Lilly from English class. Omg I can't believe it. So we talked for a bit introduced ourselves and then I realized that she's mute. I feel bad for her like honestly. And I'm wondering why that she stopped talking in the first place.

Lilly's POV

We are in the living room watching a TV. The show that we're watching is new girl. It's like a good show to watch when you're bored and need comfort for everything that's happening in your life. I was laughing a little because of how funny it is. I don't usually laugh a lot but when I do it's always a slight chuckle. Kyle looked over at me and noticed it which wasn't really a lot for some people. He tapped on my shoulder to get my attention and said.

"Hey Lilly do you want to get to know each other?" I nodded. "Okay so I'm gonna ask you some questions about yourself and you can answer them. And you can do the same thing for me okay." I nodded in understanding. "Okay first question is what's your favorite color?" I grabbed my notepad and wrote. "Red or black for me. What about you?" He read it and said. "That's a tough one I like green and blue and orange that's pretty much about it. Okay next question what's your favorite food?" I wrote 'pizza.' Cause again can't ever replace pizza it's the best food ever. He looked and said. "Cool well my favorite food is pasta."

We continue doing this until it was dinner time. The food was amazing btw we just basically have pizza for dinner as usual. We were all hungry as usual. After dinner it was time for my new neighbors to go home. "Melanie thank you so much for inviting us for dinner we had a great time." Said Susan being all so cheerful. "Oh well thank you for coming Susan I had an amazing time getting to know you and your kids." My aunt said. "Oh well have a good night guys bye Lilly." I waved at Susan while my aunt said. "You too bye Kyle and Annabelle you are welcome to come back anytime." As soon as they left I went back upstairs to my room and sleep because I was so tired. But before I went to bed I listened to Laura's music because I need a lot of happiness.

Ugh I wish that I can talk to her but my silence always gets in the way. I wanna tell her how much does she truly mean to me and how much I love her. But I don't know if that's gonna happen because she's definitely not wanna meet a mute girl like me who listens to her music all the damn time. I just hope it happens sooner then later.