Chapter 14: Our Mothers

A/n: Margaux's POV is new.

"...affairs don't start in the bedroom
they start with conversations..."

Keira's POV
Running errands for my mother is one of the few ways I try to help with now that she is not well. I have everything crossed out of my list except for the boxes next to me that are to be hand delivered to Mrs Harrington. The Word is hand delivered. She emphasized that I must. I know she's up to know good. She's completely team Cole. I'm certain Mrs Harrington is pushing that agenda hard! My father is team Nick. Why wouldn't he be when he has cleared our debt? Jason is gambling his heart away!

Since I did not find Mrs Harrington in her in her office, I decided to drive to her home. The little detour to the Hamptons has proven to be a great way to relax. It is nothing but luxury from one house to the next. According to my GPS, the Harrington Estate is at the end of the close. When I stopped in front of the tall iron gates with the Harrington crest boldly branded at the front, I got out of my mom's car. I pressed a button and a man immediately spoke to me. "Good morning miss. How can I help you?"

I realized there is a camera above me. "I am here to see Mrs Harrington."

"Do you have an appointment?"

"Uh..." I suffered from a moment of confusion. Who schedules appointments to visit each other at home? Southern culture wouldn't agree. "No."

"Then I'm sorry but I can't let you in." I wondered what to say next but he beat me to it. "What is your name?"

"Keira Ballard." I have never used my husband's name unless he is near me.

"In that case you can enter. You have an appointment with Mr Harrington."

I frowned at the camera. It dawned on me that this is my mother's way of making Cole and I happen. I laughed for a while. I laughed so hard. I'm sure the ones behind the camera are sure I'm mad. " Thank you."

I got into my car and drove for about three minutes before the mansion came into view. It is like looking at a palace. I have seen big houses but this... I'm blown away by the grandeur of the house. I stopped the car in front of a man in a black suit. I lowered my window to speak to him. "Miss Ballard I presume?"

"Yes. I have an appointment with Mr Harrington."

"Yes you do. I am the valet. I will park the car for you."

Valet? This is another level of rich. They have a valet to park their cars? I remember when I was learning to drive stick -it was my father's old truck- he made sure I learned how to park a car. He used to tell me I will not be one of those women who can't park a car.

I got out of the car and took the boxes with me. "Thank you."

"Miss Ballard, allow me." An older man took the boxes from my hands. I can get used to this treatment of people volunteering to help me! He looked me over. I regret my choice in clothing. The worn out jeans and sandals were the wrong way to go."I am Jackson, the butler. Pardon me for staring but you are not the usual pedigree we get around here." He noted. "Follow me."

I followed him into the black and white grand foyer with gold accents. My eyes became glued to the ceiling. The mural of floating angels left me gawking.

"I know. I always look up too." Cole spoke. I realized he is right beside me. I wish I could hide my feet when he looked down. I have four different nail polishes on my toes.

"I couldn't decide on a color." I blushed.

"Red looks perfect next to your pale skin." He told me. "Welcome to my not so humble abode. If I knew you were coming, I would have asked you to meet me at my penthouse. It's much more... intimate in a sense that it is smaller and not too much." He laughed at himself. "My mom ambushed me at the last minute. I would have dressed up, I apologize."