Chapter 30: Black and Blue Part 2

A/n: New Chapter. I felt that including nick in this mess Kei is in would be necessary to further fortify their relationship. This additions were not part of the previous version. While the storyline remains the same, these additions give the book more weight. Nothing will be left untouched. This will apply to all the other books coming back to the scene.

"...a weak man needs to crush a woman
in order to feel powerful..."

Lorraine's POV
I trust my gut feeling in a lot of situations. That sixth sense that tells me something isn't right has never failed me. When I act on it, it saves me from a world of trouble. When I spoke to Kei, when she said it's going to be okay, it didn't sit well with me. Halfway to college, I have turned back. I'm going back. I'm trying not to speed but I'm honking at everyone and everything. I just need to get back to her.

I finally got past the junction. Not giving a damn about neighborhood speeds, I accelerated and came to a sudden brake outside her house. I banged on the front door repeatedly. "Keira! Keira open up!"

I kept banging until Jason's mom opened but only a mere crack. "What do you want?"

"Where is Keira?"

"She's busy."

"Then let me in so that I can pick my son."

She lessened the opening to a smaller crack and suddenly closed the door. She even turned the locks. Something is wrong here.

I went to the back. Keira has a faulty kitchen window that never locks. I told her not to fix it. It's a good exit point and in this case my entry point. I pushed it open and climbed in, taking care to keep it quiet.

I can hear voices. It's Jason and his mother.

I paused for a second. Where is Terrence? I continued stalking quietly. I picked a knife and put it back. I am not here to kill anyone, just to make sure Keira is all right.

"You hit her too hard! A little to scare her is okay but you have battered her face!"

"She's sleeping around! When I find out who that man is I will beat him up too!"

"What did you do with the money?"

"It was a bad gamble."

"All 28 million?"

"I lost okay? I'll win it back!"

I pushed the guest room door open, bracing myself when I saw Kei on the bed. She is facing away and very still. The two accomplices looked at me. She's holding my son.

My eyes sharply turned to Jason. "What did you do?" I asked him. He moved aside for me to check on my best friend. Black and blue faces are not strange to me. This was pretty much the scene where I grew up. But on Kei? No. I'm almost at the brink of tears and I don't cry. I just don't. "What did you do to her?"

He is now holding my son, his hand around There's little neck. "Lorraine, for once use your brain and mind your own business. Walk away."

"You are a weak man! You beat up a woman half your size! And for what? To inflate your stupid ego? To make yourself feel like a man?"

"Shut up! Don't talk to me like that!"

"Beating up women doesn't make you strong. It makes you weak. And I may not be able to do something now but I swear that payback is coming your way. Give me my son!"

"If I give you your son-"

"I think we will hold on to him as assurance you won't say anything." His mother interrupted. "Walk away. In 24 hours you will have your son."