0 2 ~ t w o ~ 0 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

W H A T ' S ^ H A P P E N I N G ^ W I T H ^ M E ? ?

JAKE'S POV:

I GRABBED RAELYNN'S hand and brought her upstairs to my room. I could tell she was very curious about all of the stuff in my room.

Suddenly she exploded with excitement "You ride!?"

"Hm?"

"You have a skateboard and skates!"

"Oh yeah! Do you?"

"Uh duh it's literally one of my favorite things to do. Apart from playing the drums."

"You play the drums?!"

"Yup. I have pretty much my whole life."

It was then that I finally got a chance to get a good look at her. We were both sitting on my bed, and just staring into each other's eyes. She's got these beautiful big brown eyes, and her voice is so soft and sweet. She's super pretty. She even skates and plays the drums! I really hope we get to be good friends.

RAELYNN'S POV:

Jake and I were talking and then suddenly we just happened to be both staring at each other. It was a very quiet moment, just the two of us thinking to ourselves. He's actually really cute. His flowy brown hair, and style is just.... perfect. I found myself blushing and him as well.

"I- uh-" He tried to break the silence.

Until the door swung open. It was my brother and who I assume was Charlie.

"It's getting pretty late Rae, mom and dad probably are waiting for us to come eat dinner. C'mon let's go." Nate said.

I could barely pay attention. All I was doing in that moment was observing Charlie. He's masculine and has a lot of mature features. He's like, straight out of a romance novel or something. He's perfect in every way. Hold on Raelynn, you're getting ahead of yourself here. You just said that about Jake like five seconds ago. Did I really just fall for two people in under an hour? And they're brothers! What is happening with me??

"Helloooo?" Soon all three of them were waving their hands in my face, trying to get my attention.

"Sorry- what were you saying?"

Nate sighed and repeated "It's getting late so I think we should start heading home."

"Yeah okay." I said. "Bye Jake! Bye Charlie!"

"Bye!" They both said at the same time.

What have I gotten myself into?

NATE'S POV:

Kate took me up to Charlie's room, while Rae and Jake ran off together. It's good to see her getting along with someone, considering what happened back home. We stop at a door towards the end of a hallway. Kate knocks on the door.

"Charlie? I've got someone you might want to meet!" Kate exclaims.

The door opens to reveal a boy around my age. He's a bit taller than me and looks much older. But apparently, we're both nineteen.

"Hey I'm Charlie." he says

"Nice to meet you. I'm Nate, but my full name's Nathan."

"You two boys have fun, I'll be in the kitchen cooking dinner, and helping Tom get the kids under control. Just yell for me if you need anything."

Charlie sat down on his bed while I sat on a chair across the room.

"So, you do any sports?" He questioned.

"Yeah, Football and Baseball. I'm more of a football kind of guy tho."

"Well that means you'll fit right in! My dad's a football coach, and I also play."

After getting to know each other a bit, we played some video games, and then I checked the time. I saw that it was getting dark out, and I knew my parents would want my sister and I to be home.

"Well I think it's time I start heading out." I bring up.

"Yeah the sun went down a while ago. I'll take you to Jake's room to get your sister. What's her name?"

"Raelynn."

"Okay good to know."

He took me further down the hall until we got to Jake's room. I think we may have interrupted a "moment" when we walked in the room. While I was speaking to my sister I noticed she wasn't even looking at me. I turn to face the direction she was looking at. She was looking at Charlie. Of course he didn't notice because he was staring at the floor. I start trying to get her attention, and soon all of us are.

I'm so confused on what just happened.

JAKE'S POV:

We are all finally at the front door, until dad sees us.

"Hey kids! Whatcha up to?"

Charlie says "Nate and Raelynn were just leaving. They're our new neighbors."

"Well welcome to the neighborhood! I'm Tom and be sure to tell your parents I said hello, and that you are welcome anytime!"

I hope they come again, especially Raelynn. But what happened before, was kind of strange. I don't know maybe she was just spacing out, but it looked like she was looking at Charlie. It couldn't be? I mean he's like wayyy too old and we just had a connection, or whatever you would call it two seconds ago. At least, I think. She probably doesn't even like me.

I watch her walk away. Wanting to know if she felt the same way about what happened between us. I guess it's a mystery.

Outfit -

Hair is the same

Hair is the same.

RAELYNN'S POV:

Dear Diary,

       It's 11:47 and I'm laying in my bed trying to fall asleep. Maybe it's my new room? Or the fact that I can't get Charlie and Jake out of my head. How did that happen? I just was amazed at both of them. I know Charlie is like wayy too old for me but hes still super cute. And Jake is too but what's the chances of either of them liking me. Besides that, it seems like good looks run in the family!

My mind is starting to get a little hazy, and by the time you know it, I'm asleep.

This chapter is a little confusing, but i wrote it at like 4:00 A.M. so I did my best.

W O R D ^ C O U N T - 1 0 2 7

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- вℝ𝒾!