Scene 5 - A World Of Water

We cut to the watery ocean of the planet Colevio. A vast ocean stretches around the camera, reaching a never-ending finish. The sky above is an aqua blue just like Earth's, reflecting the clear seas of the planet into the sky and its various clouds. Fireball Junior descends towards the ocean water of the planet. Steve, Venus and the Professor take a look at the awesome view before their eyes.

Professor Matic:

Say, what a view, Steve. It's like we're in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Or the Atlantic. You wouldn't think we would be on a distant planet billions of miles from Earth.

Dr. Venus:

No. And the water is so clear. So blue.

Steve Zodiac:

Yeah. Just as well Fireball Junior has been built to withstand the pressure of the depths of the seas of the Earth. Question is, will it hold against the depths of Colevio?

Fireball Junior slowly descends into the water, with its legs going through first. Waters bubble and churn as the rest of the ship descends down. We see the crew's reactions as they take a look at the beautiful ocean they swim in. The ship continues to submerge down towards the depths of the ocean floor.

Dr. Venus:

How could a world like Colevio have a world that is just a water land like this? Is there any marine life down here that lives in the seas?

Professor Matic:

Not that we know of, Venus. Not any intelligent life anyway. I imagine that in order to best suit and regulate the climate of the planet, that such oceans were formed when Colevio was created.

Steve Zodiac:

It would make a nice holiday planet, Matt. We could get our swimming gear and just keep Fireball afloat above the water.

Professor Matic:

He, he, he, he, he. You're always the optimist, Steve.

The craft hovers above the ocean ground, and below it lies overgrown seaweed covering ancient architecture.

Steve Zodiac:

Well, now where?

Dr. Venus:

We've followed the trace of that Scout vessel, Steve. They can't be too far away from here.

Steve Zodiac:

Let's make sure we're not in their firing range again like last time. I assume they'd be making for the catacombs that run underneath the ocean. So how do we get in?

Professor Matic:

From what I read on the log, Steve, small pits big enough for the size of Fireball Junior run all along the planet.

Dr. Venus:

That must be one of them over there.

We see a small pit in the close distance.

Steve Zodiac:

Right. We will take her there then.

Fireball Junior slowly treads through the depths of the water and makes it over into the pit. The craft descends down into it, neatly placing the craft inside. Its legs touch the ground. A sliding entrance covers the top, caving the ship inside. Phosphorescent lighting from the rocky walls shines into their trapped entrance. The water begins to be pumped out, trickling out from the caved-in section.

That solves the problem of getting in, Venus.

Professor Matic:

I, err, would imagine that when Fireball landed inside, the weight of the craft creating a mechanism that closed us in, and ran out the water. To get out again, I expect we would just levitate up again, and then we can return to the surface.

The water finally escapes. Another entrance slides from the right of the wall, opening into a dark passage.

Steve Zodiac:

Well, the water's gone now. Let's get on the jetmobiles and take a look around...