Scene 9 - Goodbye, Zoonie

We return back to the caves of Colevio. Zoonie is reunited back with his mother and his other siblings. Steve, Venus, and Matic stand at the corner again where they begin to bid their farewell to the family. The Professor's clothes have been cleaned from the soot.

Steve Zodiac:

Well Zoonie, seems as though the Lazoons should never be underestimated. You saved the day from our universe being plunged into grave danger by the Alpha Doomheads. Looks like they aren't so unstoppable as they seem to be.

Professor Matic:

And let's hope we never come within another million lightyears of each other. And we will take very good care of them when we get them back to Earth. Our Space Jail is impregnable even to their Undefeated and Harvester of an advanced Scout.

Dr. Venus:

Two of them are bad enough to deal with. Not to mention a whole army of them.

Steve Zodiac:

Yeah. We owe you our lives once again, Professor. Otherwise, we would have been stuck in that ship without a way out and little air to survive with. Or have been left to crash in their Scout ship.

Professor Matic:

Ah, don't mention it, Steve. But the real hero of the day is Zoonie. Without his antics that deceived the invaders, we wouldn't have been able to stop them.

Dr. Venus:

Yes, Zoonie, you clever little Lazoon. You saved all of today. And we have enjoyed meeting you.

Steve Zodiac:

But now, we have to get back to our own planet, and we wish you all the best here on Colevio.

Dr. Venus:

Oh, Steve, do we have to?

Steve Zodiac:

I'm sorry, Venus. But we must return home. You won't be able to take them with you unless they want to. It's their world here, remember.

Dr. Venus:

But Steve, he's so adorable.

Sadder music begins to play. Zonnie looks sadly as the others begin to leave. He cuddles up to his mother.

Professor Matic:

Venus, like Steve said, this is Zonnie's world, and would understandably want to remain here with his family. He will follow us if he wants to. Zoonie is maturing into an adult Lazoon now. And will be able to make decisions for himself.

Venus approaches Zoonie and she comforts him. The mother watches, knowing her baby will be safe in Venus' protection. Zoonie makes cute chirping noises.

Dr. Venus:

Oh, Zoonie, you will always be to me a very special Lazoon. I wish you all the best. And we will always be thinking of you. Goodbye, Zoonie.

She lets go of him, and she walks slowly away. Zoonie becomes sad as he watches them depart. The three spacemen leave down the corridor, and Zoonie follows them up to the corner. The camera follows the view from the XL5 crew, which sees the sad, chirping Zoonie in the distance getting further away. The Lazoon then returns back to the direction of where his mother and siblings are. We then cut to seeing Fireball Junior taking up from the cave. Once its motors blast up, the cave entrance begins sliding open, and water begins spilling inside. This cuts to see Steve and Matic at the helm of the ship, with the melancholy Venus standing behind Steve. The ship then blasts up through the water and up towards the ocean level.

Steve Zodiac:

Fireball XL5 Junior now returning to mother ship to complete link up. And then, back to Earth.

Dr. Venus:

Oh dear. I hope poor Zoonie will be alright. I think I'm already beginning to miss him. If only he was coming home with us.

The doors unexpectedly open to the control cabin, revealing the appearance of Zoonie! He had gotten aboard the ship and had returned to Venus. Zoonie chirps happily, making excitable noises and movements with his tail.

Zoonie! How did you get here?

Professor Matic:

He, he, he, he. The little fella must have followed us to Fireball Junior.

Steve Zodiac:

He must really care about you if he has decided to come and be part of the Fireball XL5 crew, Venus. And to leave his folks behind on his home planet.

Dr. Venus:

Well, Zoonie. Welcome aboard. We will make you have a comfortable experience in Fireball and on Earth.

The next scene will return to Venus' story being told back at her dinner party approximately two years later...