:: 00 ::

=====

=====

There are so many ways humans communicate with each other. Speaking, motions, actions- even beeps, yet eleven-year-old Kenma couldn't understand any of it.

He could speak, obviously, but, sometimes the words just wouldn't come out right. Sometimes, they wouldn't come out at all.

Humans are hard to talk to for Kenma, no matter how many ways of speaking they come up with.

Games are fun. You don't have to talk to video games. They're easy to solve and play with. Little Kenma loves video games.

-----

Shoyo's small hands clutched tighter to the suitcase handle and held a strange woman's hand, who was walking him, as he followed her through the bustling airport.

His big, hazel eyes were bright and bloodshot, his cheeks a dark red and splotchy as he glanced at her clipboard, then back down to her loud heels.

Ms. Juliana is her name. She came by after his dad passed away to help ten-year-old Shouyou gather his things. She's been with him for a few days, now, trying to soften the blow of the death of his only familiar family member as best as possible.

a/n:: everything written in Brazilian Portuguese is in a rough online translation. I'm sorry if I get something wrong dearest readers please forgive me if I did T-T

"Você está entusiasmado em conhecer sua mãe?"

"Are you excited to meet your mother?"

Her tone was soft as she spoke. Her and Shoyo waited in line to turn in their tickets, his hand gripping her long fingers a bit tighter.

"Na verdade, não..."

"Not really..."

There wasn't much for her to say after that as they went through the baggage area and, finally boarded the plane.

To Shoyo, it was only him, his small suitcase, and the stuffed sloth his father had bought for him against the world. He was scared and, most of all, stressed about what will happen from here on out.

Ms. Juliana let him cry on her blazer as the plane took off. The only comfort she was able to give him was an arm around his slim shoulders to keep him warm.

Now, he's off to a country he's never been to before with people he either hasn't met or doesn't remember, and in a place where people talk and look completely different from him.

It's a mortifying thought for a child to have, but, for Shouyou, it's his new reality.

=====