:: 04 ::

=====

=====

Kenma's POV

Shouyou didn't come to the dorm until close to midnight. He looked roughed up and smelt of fire and alcohol.

When he saw me, his eyes widened, and he tripped over the volleyball on the floor, which belonged to him, and face-planted on the carpet.

"Ouch..."

God, he's so cute...

"K-Kenma? I didn't know we were dormmates? Sorry I came in so late, I'm a bartender at the bar on Yui Street, and I work the night shift."

I only nodded to him and turned back to my monitor. My homework was completed, so now I was playing video games. From the corner of my eye, I saw him rest his head back on the floor.

"Haha, I'm glad it's you, 'cause I know you stay up late, so I hopefully won't wake you up coming in and out."

That was the last thing I heard from him before silence overtook the room again for another half an hour.

He was unmoving, with only soft snores to be heard when I occasionally removed the cup of my headphone to check on him.

Did he really... fall asleep? In the middle of the floor?

He's still the same old Shouyou, yet I still can't figure out how to properly talk with him. How did I do it before? Thinking back on it now, we never really talked much with each other. It was always him speaking, and I would occasionally pitch in.

Our relationship wasn't like any normal friendship. We just enjoyed each other's company. He could read me through my actions, and I could read him through his words and body movement.

I let out a pent-up sigh and turned to Shouyou. Even though he has visible muscles, he's still so short and lean, but... My eyes trailed down to his ass and legs. I  quickly turned away.

He's gotten a lot curvier.

The carpet comforted my knees as I got down on them beside Shouyou and placed my hand carefully on his shoulder blade. His back is strong, yet, as I trailed my hand lower, his waist slowly curved, then, curved back out into his hips.

I shook him.

"Shouyou, you need to sleep in your bed."

Nothing.

"Shouyou, seriously. Wake up."

I shook him hard, yet he had yet to show a reaction.

Another sigh was building in my chest, and I finally decided that it'd be better just to toss him onto his bed since he wants to play dead.

"God... you look a lot lighter... than you actually are..!"

"Mhm~"

I only managed to toss him onto the bed, but, thanks to my dear friend gravity, I lost my footing and fell on top of him. Only then, did he decide to turn onto his back. He stopped moving, and I didn't dare move in fear of stirring him up.

There's no way he didn't wake up.

When I glanced up, I saw his eye peak open, and he playfully shut it with a small smile growing on his face.

"You don't have to get off," he joked, "You're really warm."

I got off in a fluster, and his chuckling only further burnt my cheeks. That gentle warmth lingered on my body. It made me want to cry because I... seriously missed it so much.

His eyes finally opened, but his smile fell. I wondered why until I heard the drips from my tears hit the mattress.

"K-Kenma, why are you crying?"

The moonlight from the window sitting between our beds cast a shadow over Shouyou's face, but it somehow made him look more warm and bright in the dim lighting.

I just admired his stunningly gorgeous features in the pale light of the night. The tears on my face were the last thing on my mind.

If I let him in again, what if he leaves? I can't go through that pain, not again... Not again... I couldn't possibly bear it.

His arms opened out to me, inviting me to lay with him on the bed. That gentle, comforting smile sent my heart aflame, and I knew when I pulled him to me and held him tight against my body, that there was no possible way for me to not love him again.

In fact, I don't think I ever stopped loving him. My mind just kind of... numbed itself to stop the pain of being so far away from the one I love. Now, he's back, and I feel the effects of everything he does tenfold.

"Sorry, for leaving you, Kenma. I know that must've been hard for you..."

His arms wrapped around my body. One of his hands found its way into my hair and gently tangled itself within it. The feeling was unlike any I've ever experienced.

My knees dug deeper into the bed as I pulled him closer to me by his waist. That's when he spoke so softly in my ear that I nearly mistook it for a lullaby.

"I want you to know... there wasn't a day that passed by that I didn't think of you..."

I couldn't tell whose face was hotter, mine or his.

"Shouyou..."

"Mhm?"

This aura in the air is dangerous. I feel as if I'll act upon it if given the chance, so I had to do something to quickly shut it down before I got out of hand.

"You need a shower. You smell like alcohol."

"Ahaha, I meant to get in there before I fell asleep! Thanks for reminding me!"

I allowed him to get up and reluctantly, and, dear gods, believe me when I say reluctantly, let go of his body so he could get in the bathroom.

My game couldn't even keep my mind off of what had happened. I don't think I've ever held Shouyou so... intimately before. Or maybe it's just because we're older now and understand those types of things better.

Whatever the reason, my night was restless because of it.

Come morning, Shouyou and I talked over some air-fried chicken and soft-boiled eggs and walked to the building together in peaceful silence.

Last night eased the worry of him leaving again but brought about another question that lingered at the back of my head.

What does he think of me?

=====