:: 05 ::

=====

=====

Kenma's POV

"Oh! Uwah! Kenma, he's gonna catch up! You gotta go faster!"

Shouyou hung over my shoulders with one hand clutching at my arm and the other gripping tightly at the wooden top of my desk. My heart can only take so much, and, with the little gasps and shouts from Shouyou, it's on the verge of exploding.

"Ah, you're so close! You can do it!"

He's so riled up over Mario Kart. Fuck, it's so cute. After shorting me of his presence for so long, he should be on guard with me. I'm ready to jump him at this point. If he keeps clutching onto me like that...

"Yes! Kenma~! Good job! You did it!"

Now, both his hands were on my arms, and he shook me in the midst of his excitement.

"Shouyou... it's just a game."

"Yeah, but look how close it was! If you had gotten second, I just know you wouldn't say that! You'd throw your remote, wouldn't you?"

"... Probably..."

I could feel the grin on his face when he leaned closer to me and nuzzled my neck. Why he did it, I don't know, but, God, I wish he'd do it again. His hot breath feels so nice on my skin.

"Why don't we go out for dinner tomorrow night? There are no classes over the weekend, so we'll have plenty of time to catch up on schoolwork and study afterward. I'll cover the bill, too."

Dinner? Just me and Shouyou?

I agreed, not knowing what I had just unleashed.

For the next few months, I will be forced to realize Shouyou either enjoys seeing me in misery or is genuinely trying to get together with me.

He asks me out every weekend, and he's as touchy as ever. I've woken up with him sitting on the floor by my bed and holding my hand, sound asleep, more times than I can count.

I've also come to the realization that he's trying to top me.

Even in middle school, I thought being a bottom or a top or whatever didn't matter as long as it was Shouyou with me. It still applies today, but I've begun thinking... peculiar things.

Pinning him down, making him flustered for a change, kissing him, dominating him, loving him. Is there a place to reach a compromise? I hope there is.

What am I even saying? We're not dating or anything, so there's no need to worry about any of this. He's probably just passing the time by messing with me.

-----

five months later

"Kenma~" He purred over my shoulder. I jolted in surprise, and quickly pulled my headphones off my ears to turn to him.

"You got off early again?"

"Yep! Kuroo finished up for me! Said he had to make a good impression on the boss 'cause he's hoping to get a raise soon. So, you wanna watch a movie or something with me?"

I absently extended and retracted one part of my headphones as a way of coping with the anxiety building in me.

"I don't... really wanna go out tonight."

Silence rang through the room, but it didn't last long. His arms tightened around my neck, and he slipped closer to me. The plump softness of his lips traced from my neck down to my collar bone, where he released a quick hum.

"Kenma~"

I fucking love my name. Every time he drags out the last syllable, I'm given a slice of heaven from those kissable lips of his.

"I know you don't like going out, so... we can just stay here and watch something. Is that okay?"

I'm gonna tear you up if you don't watch your back.

...

...

Wait, why would I..?

"... Sounds good, then."

Shouyou let out a noise of victory and pulled me up from my chair and to his bed, where his laptop sat. We sat with our backs against the headboard and, almost immediately, I felt his arm fall over my shoulders and pull me closer.

Instead of getting flustered, since he often does this, I felt a sense of peace with his warmth pressed into my side.

Halfway through our movie, Shouyou went to the kitchen to get some snacks or something, meaning I was left alone for a moment.

Within that time, I forced myself to collect my bearings, grow some balls, and prepare for what I was about to do.

"Why'd you put the laptop on the nightstand? You had to stretch or something?"

He placed the snacks carefully atop the keyboard of the open laptop, and the moment his hands were empty, I inhaled, grabbed his wrist, and pulled him onto the bed.

"K-Kenma?"

Such a soft, lovely pink spread over his cheeks when I brushed my hand against his cheekbone. His wide eyes stared up at me in stunning disarray and confusion.

"Did you think I wouldn't catch onto what you're doing?"

He stiffened under my touch, and, the moment his eyes left mine to glance at the hand pulling his shirt up, I turned his head back to face me.

"I-I just..! Uhm... I-I want to..." He stuttered.

His body's so soft, I could feel it up all night. Is he really going to let me touch him like this? Would he let just anyone touch him like this, or am I the exception?

I pulled my hands away from him. Uncaged his wrist, slipped my hand from his shirt, and turned away.

"Stop touching me like that... please..."

For some reason, his breathing was awfully quick, like he couldn't seem to catch any air. I couldn't blame him. I was shocked at what I had done myself.

"... And what if I don't?" He muttered softly.

A chill of excitement racked my spine and nearly folded my body, but I turned back to him. He was in the same place I had left him in, his shirt riding up, his wrists on either side of his head, and his legs stretched out on the bed.

"What?"

He reached out to me and gripped my wrist. The glimmer in his eyes was... alluring. It's drawing me in...

"Do you not like it when I touch you?"

"Shou-"

That strong grip had pulled me into a lying position on the bed, and I felt a brush of friction over my lower regions. My breathing hitched when I realized Shouyou had sat himself on top of me.

He was awaiting an answer.

"It's... not that..."

"Good. I'm glad."

His smile was filled with ulterior motives that came out as hot, open-mouthed kisses down my abdomen. Then, that heat was at my shorts.

Is he going to-

"Shou... you..?"

When he glanced up, our eyes met, and he offered another comforting kiss to my v-line and a smile as he tugged my shorts down.

Is this heaven?

"Ngh..."

Fuck, it is..!

=====