CHAPTER 9: The Fight

I slipped out of the doorway and walked into a bully named Slim. He's Snotlout's son.
"Long time no see!" Slim exclaimed balling his fists up.
"I don't want to fight you." I warned him, backing up a couple of steps.
He grabbed my shirt and pulled his fist back. I felt a rage coming on. Slim has been bullying me ever since kindergarten. I would always return home with a black eye and a bloody nose. Not everyday but most of the time.
I shifted into my Night Fury form and growled. Slim backed away rapidly and widened his eyes. "A NIGHT FURY!!" He yelled as a bunch of Vikings peered out. My father burst out of the house.
"Toothless!?" He yelled, wandering if Toothless was the reason why Slim yelled out a Night Fury. Then he gasped and saw that the tail has two black fins. Toothless bounded toward my father and stood beside him. Dad looked at Toothless and then at me surprisingly.
I froze, not knowing what to do while Slim ran away. A bunch of Vikings gathered around me, and I shot up and flew away. My dad hopped on the back of Toothless and shot forward. I brayed my wings as fast as I could as my dad and his friends started following me. I decided to land on the wizard's island and bounded through the trees. Dad and his friends landed and darted after me. I gasped as they chased me with ropes to capture me with. I spreader my wings to fly up, but a rope wrapped around my neck and pulled me back with my father and his friends pulling me back.
I felt fury coming through me as I shot backwards. I roared and but through the rope and broke free. I shot up as fast as I can and got back home safely. A few minutes after I got back, dad and his friends came back too. I shifted into human form without anybody realizing it. I darted inside and panted as I made it upstairs into my room.
'That was a close call.' I thought as I catches my breath. I heard the door shut and I walked downstairs slowly, trying to act casual.
"Hey, dad!" I exclaimed happily. "Where were you?"
Dad caught his breath and replied, "I saw another Night Fury."
Mom put a fake surprised look on her face. That's great, honey! Did you catch the Night Fury?"
"I almost did, but he broke free."
I hate that he said 'he' about me. I know he doesn't know that I was that Night Fury, and I rather keep it that way.