♡fluff♡

♡ Stede x Edward

♡ just friends

♡ fluff

♡ not suggested

♡ no TW

♡ enjoy!

Edward watched stede squirm and cry in his sleep. Every few minutes Edward would have to get up to make sure the bandages stayed in place. "Mary" stede mumbled in his sleep. Edward leaned back in his chair, still observing the blond man. "This is going to be fun" Edward said.

Stede sat up suddenly breathing heavy about 10 minutes later. "Woah buddy calm down, it's alright" Edward said and sat up. Stede tried to get up but he winced in pain. "Yeah uh you got stabbed, sorry about that." Edward said. "Who- who are you!? Where am i!? How did I get stabbed!? I- I don't remember anything wha-" stede frantically said while he looked around all anxious. "Buddy it's alright calm down. You're on your ship. My name's Edward and we can worry about everything later."

Stede calmed down and layed down again. "I- okay uh" stede started. He was scared, he didn't know what happened he didn't fully know Edward. He was scared and it showed. "Hey buddy do you-" Edward paused, unsure if he should continue his offer. "Do you want me to sit with you?" He finished the sentence with blush across his face. Edward was looking away from stede so he couldn't see the smile and blush on stede's face.

"I would like that" stede said quietly after a moment of silence. Edward smiles and got up to sit next to stede. Stede made room for Edward and painfully sat up with some help from Edward. "Isn't this nice" Edward said half jokingly. "It is" stede said with his soft voice. Stede rested his head on Edwards shoulder.

"Hey uh, what's that painting?" Edward asked. He was talking about the lighthouse painting. "It's something my wife painted for me." Stede said quietly with pain and regret in his voice. Edward didn't press more about the painting and just sat in silence. "This is enjoyable" stede said suddenly. "It really is. Sorry about the stabbing. I don't remember if I apologized." Edward said with regret. "You already said that and it's alright really." Stede said with a laugh. Stede suddenly lifted his head and looked at Edward.

"Wait I just remembered something about Blackbeard" stede paused and Edward had stopped breathing in slight fear. "Is he- is he on this ship?" Stede said. With slight fear in his voice. "Uh, well about that I'm Blackbeard." Edward said scared for stede reactions.

Stede would have backed away in fear of Edward if he hadn't been stabbed. "Wha- but- but you haven't killed me!? Is my crew alright!? Oh god I hope that wasn't rude to say" stede frantically said with wide eyes. "They're alright I made sure my crew wouldn't do anything. I would never hurt you." Edward said but regretted it because it seems weird.

Stede blushed and relaxed his shoulders. He turned his body fully so his back would be against the wall but so he could face Edward easily. "Do you wanna see something weird In here?" Stede said with a smile looking at Edward. "I mean- sure?" Edward said and helped stede get up.

Stede limped as he opened the secret closet door. "What in the-" Edward said in confusion. Stede lead him in the room. "I store extra clothes in here. Here, I have this robe I don't wear much." Stede grabbed a magenta robe with what looked like flowers on it. "You can have it" stede said with a smile and handed it to Edward.

As Edward put it on he noticed how soft the material was. "This is amazing, thank you... so much" Edward said and looked at stede. They both blushed and smiled until they heard Izzy's voice breaking the moment. "Captain-"

♡ 641 words

♡ thank you for reading!