Engagement

I hear him before I see him but there's another slightly familiar voice drifting up the stairs as well.

"These are really great! So you want me to help you?" The voice is asking

"Yea mate that's why I called you. I think the lyrics are good but could use help with a figuring out how to arrange the chorus." Louis replies

I'm close enough now I can see he's talking to Liam who must have arrived while I was on the phone call with Chrissy. Since Louis has his back to me it's Liam that sees me first.

"Hey Haley nice to see you". He smiles

"Oh hey Liam! It's been awhile; how are you?" I reply as I walk to join them.

"Great! Louis here has a song he's letting me help with.  We are going to add it to the album if we can get it worked out in time while we're here."

Louis slips his arm around me when I sit down next to him.

"Hey love; did you manage to get everything done?"

"Yes I am done for the day. You have a song you're writing?"

"I have been working on it for a bit.  It's not right yet but I have it mostly set.  I'll show you the lyrics later."  He turns to Liam "alright mate I'll be in to record by 3 thanks for stopping by"

"Right I'm off to work on this.  You'll send me the music you have so far and we can work it out with the rest at the studio yea?"

"Sounds good. See you there"

"Bye Haley".

Louis walks Liam to the front door as I head into the little room off the pool to gather the rest of my belongings. Once I finish I find Louis to let him know I'm headed out.

"Are you leaving?" He asks a little disappointed

"Yes or did you want to grab lunch before I head home?"

"I was hoping to persuade you to stay with me again tonight"

The idea of staying with him again had been on my mind but I didn't want to impose or presume.  Now that he's mentioned it I definitely want to.

"Are you sure?  I don't want you to feel like you have to be with me every second"

"I'm positive because I want to be with you as much as I can.  You know I only have a bit more time with you before I leave."

That thought makes me sad; I know it's his job but the idea of months without seeing him hurts.  He's right we should be together while we can.

"Alright but I'll need to go home first.  I can't keep wearing the few things I brought."

"Hmm Ok go get clothes but can I ask something?"

"What's that?"

"Can you just pack for a week?  I'd like you to stay with me until I have to go.  You can sleep wherever you want."  He promises so as not to make me feel uncomfortable.

"I think that can be arranged." I smile at him. "I will leave you to get lunch on your own and I guess I'll meet you here tonight?  Just text when you're done at the studio?"

He walks over wraps his arms around me and sighs contently.  "Sounds good except how about I give you the codes and you come back as soon as you can.  That way I come home to you." 

"Are you sure?  It's one thing for me to be here with you but this is your place"

"Yes I want you here I'm selfish that way."