He Came Back

Disclaimer: I only own Ruby. Everything else belongs to BBC Doctor Who.

I sat on Amy's desk, painting The Doctor's police box on a canvas for the thousandth time. Amy lay on her bed with a notebook and pen, writing furiously. We suddenly heard a bang from downstairs and we both jumped.

"Amelia! Ruby! I know what Prisoner Zero wants! I know why he's here! You have to get out of there!" A familiar voice yelled. Amy's eyes shot to the size of plates.

"Is that who I think it is?" I asked wide eyed, standing up. We heard footsteps on the staircase.

"Ruby! Amelia!" We heard him hammering on the door of the room by her bedroom.

I stood up, anger flooding through me. It took him twelve years to figure out what the stupid Prisoner Zero was doing? Yeah, right. Without a second thought, I grabbed a cricket bat and marched right out of Amy's room, and whacked The Doctor over his head with it.

"Ruby!" Amy protested. I glared at her. Like she would've done any different. She seemed to get this and looked at him, shock teaching her features. I stormed into her room and got handcuffs. She helped me drag him to the wall and handcuff him to something. "I'm gonna pretend to be a police officer." I looked at her weirdly. She shrugged at me. "We've changed so much, Ruby. He won't recognize me. And I can't face him."

She was right. I couldn't face him either. I nodded and went to get her police outfit. She got dressed and I hid behind a door when he started to stir.

I had changed from the little girl he first met. My hair had grown out and changed color, from pasty white to a more distinct shade of blonde, and my skin had tanned so I didn't look like my offwhite bedroom curtains back at my own house. but my eyes were still a rather alarming shade if silver-grey that he might recognize. Amy's eye color was relatively common.

He woke up and scanned Amy, who talked into the fake communicator. She turned to him.

"Oi! You sit still."

"Door, police woman, cricket bat..." he seemed to be recounting what had happened. Oh god what if he'd seen me? I hid further behind the door. "Is there someone else here?" He asked.

"Do you want to shut up now? I've got backup on the way. You were breaking and entering," she said, ignoring his question about there being someone else here.

"You're a police woman."

"And you were breaking and entering," she repeated. "Do you see how this works?"

"Where's Amelia?" He demanded. She recoiled.

"Amelia Pond?"

"Yes. Little Scottish girl. I promised her and her friend five minutes but the regulators must've gone wrong, I'm afraid I've gone a bit far."

You don't say? I thought bitterly.

"Amelia Pond hasn't lived here in a long time."

"How long?" He asked in a disbelieving voice.

"Six months."

"What? No. No! I said five minutes, I meant five minutes. I promised." He sniffed like that cleared it all up. She turned around and talked into the fake communicator.

"Sergeant. Me again. Hurry it up. This guy knows something about Amelia Pond." He seemed to panic.

"What happened to her? What happened to Amelia Pond?!"

She was quiet.

"I need to speak to whoever lives in this house."

"I live here!" She said. He frowned.