k.n. imagine #1

"Wake up, wake up, I got something to show you," you hear as you're being shaken.

You open your eyes to see Krist standing above you, a wide grin on his face.

"What is it?" you groan.

"I can't tell you, just c'mon!"

"Alright," you say and get yourself out of bed.

You walk down the stairs, following Krist's lead, and out the front door.

"Okay, open the trunk," he instructs you gesturing at his car.

You give him a confused look, and then do so.

When you open it, your eyes light up upon seeing a shiny bass guitar in a case.

"You've been asking me to teach you, so I figured you'd need one of your own."

"Wow, I don't even know what to say," you speak in shock.

"Why don't we test it out?" Krist asks. You nod, and close and pick up the case and carry it inside and down to the basement, where you both keep your amps and instruments.

You put on the strap, adjust it, and plug in the cord.

You've already messed around with Krist's bass before, so you knew a thing or two. You pluck a few strings in a riff, and you see him looking at you with a smile.

"You're a natural!" he exclaims.

"Maybe, but I'm nothing compared to the mighty Krist Novoselic of Nirvana!" you joke.

"If you think I'm that good, I may just have to show off," he says confidently, picking up his bass and putting it on.

"Sure, whatever," you chuckle.