k.c. imagine #2

(This was for Kurt's birthday, but I never finished it until today)

You checked off the final box in your notebook for the decorations to put up.

About an hour earlier, you sent Kurt out to get some groceries so you, Dave, and Krist could get ready for a surprise party for his birthday.

But you didn't want it to be a run-of-the- mill surprise party, so you added a twist-

A scavenger hunt!

You left little clues around your shared apartment for Kurt to find.

The final location would be the little park behind the complex, which would be visible when he goes on to the balcony after receiving the final clue.

Finally finished, you all sat down on the bench, waiting.

After a few minutes, you heard a car in the parking lot on the other side of the apartment complex, so Krist got up and peeked around the corner.

He quietly ram back, signaling that it was Kurt, so you could all go hide.

A few more minutes passed, with you keeping your eye on the balcony, since you had the perfect hiding spot where you could see it but not be seen from it.

Then you saw the balcony door open, and Kurt step out, holding the little sheets of paper.

He looked around, confused, until he saw your little setup.

He turned around and dashed back inside, and after a few seconds you heard him approach the area.

"Hello?" he called, but none of you responded.

"Okay, on 3," Krist whispered. "1, 2, 3"

"SURPRISE!" you all jumped out and yelled in sync.

Kurt jumped, startled, then a big smile appeared on his face.

He pulled you all into a hug.

"Happy birthday, babe," you said, and everyone else said happy birthday too.

"Okay, let's eat," you said, sitting down. "The ice cream cake's melting."

"Ice cream cake?!"

-