Eddie munson | ch 3

Y/n POV

"Guys I have something I need to get off my chest." Nancy confirmed. She took a deep breath. "Cough it up girl." Barbra cheered, edging Nancy to continue.

We were sitting in the cafeteria with Barbra, Nancy, myself and Lilly even joined.

"I have a crush on someone." She smiled small. Now I was intrigued.

"Who?" I asked basically standing up. Barbra was actually standing up and Lilly. Lilly just smiled.

"Steve." She whispered. Barbra was surprisingly disappointed. "You mean Steve. Steve Harrington?" I asked. Nancy just nodded. I don't know why but something in me broke.

"Nancy he's a jerk." Barbra reminded Nancy. "Yeah I know but he's different." Nancy said positively.

"I can assure you he hasn't." I said laughing. I love Steve but I know he's a jerk at times.

"Well help me talk to him." Nancy stood up abruptly and took me and Barbra's hands. I ushered for Lilly to follow but she just sat and waved as if saying 'you go'.

Once making it to Steve's table, Steve stared at me confused. "Nancy wants to tell you something Steve." Barbra said without eye contact.

Nancy looked at Barbra in a way that was annoyed and then looked at me for help. When she did that, I was already eating Steve's chips off his plate.

"What- oh um Steve." I shoved the chips in my mouth, swallowed then breathed before speaking. Steve was smiling on the verge of laughing and carol looked disgusted.

"Excuse me who are you looking at with those wide bambi eyes?" I asked carol mirroring her. "Okay, okay. If you just came here to bully my friends it's time you left." Steve negotiated. Fuck him.

"It's not my fault that bit-" Nancy stepped on my foot mid sentence. "I like you Steve. A lot. And I thought you should know." Nancy finally confessed. Alleluia.

"Uh- Nancy." Steve started then looked at me. I stared back waiting for his answer while he still stared at me. "Ugh I knew it!" Nancy ran off, Barbra following her.

I grabbed more chips and ran after them. What's her problem?

Nancy was in the toilet stall and Barbra and I were at the door. "I told you he was a jerk." Barbra said annoyed. Barbra always liked being right.

"He didn't even say anything. He might like you back Nancy." I assured her. She opened the stall. Mascara under her eyes. "Your the last person I want to see right now. All these years of being friends and you always stole the guys. I'm so sick of it and you. Your nothing but a worthless bitch. Go run off to Steve you boy stealer." She shut the door and I stood there stunned.

Barbra looked at me in sympathy but I ran out before she could speak. Who the fuck calls me a 'worthless bitch' and a 'boy stealer?'

I felt tears brimming at my eyes. "Oh woah y/n you alright?" I looked up to see Eddie looking in concern. I spilled my tears and he hugged me to a janitors closet. I don't know why I was crying but still my friend called me nasty names.

"Hey, hey, hey. Your alright just listen to my breathing." Eddie was on the ground, his back on the wall and I was resting on his chest. I calmed down a bit to his breathing and felt warm. A nice warm feeling.

"Hey. You wanna tell me what's wrong?" Eddie asked after a few minutes of silence. "Uh well. Nancy called me a worthless bitch and a fucking boy stealer." I felt like crying again but I sucked back in the tears.

"Her loss y/n. Your not worthless, your amazing and she is obviously jealous of that. Your beautiful and alway have been. It's not your fault she likes literally a different boy every week and they were mesmerised by you." Eddie said those words so softly it made my heart flutter.

I got up and hugged him tight. "Thank you Eddie. Love you."

"Love you too." He whispered.

It was what we said to each other because we truely loved one another. But in a friendship way. As much as I would like it to be different.

|Steve Harrington POV|

What just happened.

One second y/n was eating my chips and the next Nancy ran off to the bathroom crying. I didn't even say anything.

"Oh well there goes that." Carol whipped her hair. I hated her at times like this because she really stared at y/n in a nasty way. "Carol what you did was not cool at all." I said standing up. I hated doing this but I had to.

"Do what? Stare at y/n? You do all the time. You just did now. That's why Nancy ran off crying, now sit down." She was chewing her gum so loudly it annoyed me.

"Sorry. I don't know what getting into me." I rubbed my temples. "Do you like the girl?" Tommy asked after a minute of silence. I took a breath. "Yeah a little." I smiled.

"Then why didn't you tell her before she went off crying?" He asked. Oh right he was talking about Nancy not y/n. Shit I don't like Nancy.

"Nah man show the girls who's stronger." I played it off cool but got up to leave after saying an excuse.

I was looking all through the halls for Eddie and y/n until I saw them both getting out of a janitors closet.

"Where have you guys been?" I asked walking towards them. Y/n turned around, her eye makeup smudged. She crashed into me and we hugged for a bit. Eddie joining us in the hug.

We were like a family. If one of us is down. All of us are down.

A/n: Are you guys enjoying the book?