CHAPTER 2

___
You jolted up from sleep for no reason.

After going through a whole session of exercise on your bed, you sluggishly swung your legs down from your bed and slid your feet into your fluffy Gucci slippers.

You stalked towards the bathroom.
You found everything ready for your bath as usual. You brushed your teeth and took a quick bath before dressing up and swiftly making your way downstairs to the large living room.

"Morning mom, morning dad", you greeted your parents.

Your dad whose eyes were preoccupied by the early morning news on TV waved his hand at you imperturbably like he wasn't the one you just greeted.

For some reason, you weren't astound by his unconcerned behavior. You have in fact gotten habituated to his detached way of acting.

It was no longer a new thing that your dad cared the least about you or your wellbeing, but it didn't matter so long as you had an endearing mother.

"Morning darling", your mom replied to your greeting.

"You didn't greet me Miss", a familiar voice spoke.

It didn't take you much time to realize it was this jerk of a best friend.

A/N: a picture of your best friend.

"Why are you here so early?", you furrowed your brows at him.

"You didn't think I'd miss mom's famous pancakes, did you?", his mouth quirked up at the side as he casually walked past you like you were some kind of statue.

You rolled your eyes.
You have known this lunatic for as long as you can remember and have settled upon you two being inseparable.

"Are you two still working on your school survey?", your mom asked.

Being the only serious one amongst you two, you were hesitant to say, "yes mom, but it's being delayed because someone hasn't been participating", you faced a brown-head boy who had pancakes stuffed up in his mouth.

He tried to speak but due to the obvious reason, he held back on his words.

You finished eating your breakfast and took everything necessary you needed for school.
In all factuality, your final year in college hasn't been preeminent neither has it been undemanding but you have managed to come this far and close to your graduation.

"Come on Roy, we're running late", you said carelessly to Roy who was now taking snack from the fridge as you gathered your personal possessions.

You looked at him with only one question on your mind, 'when will he stop eating so much?'

You kissed your adored mother goodbye and to your father, you could only shake your head at his aloof attitude.

Just a step outside the front door and a large crowd congregated before you, in company with paparazzi and news reporters.

This was your everyday life.
Having people who were willing to sleep at your doorstep just to take a brief look at you.

It was all you ever wanted since you were ten. To have an adulthood where you weren't insecure or worried about anything.

You glinted your perfect white teeth at the crowd, waved and trudged harmoniously through the small partway that led to your latest Lamborghini, with your best friend Roy trailing behind you.

He was never comfortable with your ostentatious lifestyle but there wasn't much he could do since he has seen how congenial you were with people flashing camera lights on you everyday and everywhere.

Ultimately, you were both seated in the car with your chauffeur who patiently waited for your arrival.

You breathed out in relieve and excitement until Roy summoned courage to ask, "when will this unthrifty lifestyle end?"

You who was still enthralled by your popularity amongst people all over the globe allowed your charming smile fade by Roy's ludicrous question.

"Unthrifty? This is a life worth living for!"

"I don't see it as a life worth living for when there are so many untrustworthy people around, you don't know who is out there to hurt you", he looked outside the window.

"I don't want you resurfacing your overprotective attitude towards me, I'm not a kid anymore", you said firmly.

"You still wear fluffy slippers Y/N!", he mocked.

You shot him a glare that could have cut him into pieces if it were daggers.

"Just stop it OK? I'm popular amongst people including CELEBRITIES, I wine and dine with them regularly. You should be lucky you have someone like me", you raised your head in pride.

Once those revolting words flew out of your mouth obliviously, you knew you had overstepped a boundary.

Your face turned into one of regret as your hazel orbs pierced into another set of hazel orbs that had so many emotions swirling in them.