CHAPTER 8

___
It didn't take long before you heard laughter, the same as the one you heard in the woods.

Your heartbeat accelerated.

Someone touched you from behind and you wailed.

You flashed your light behind you and all around but there was no one

That wild wind came again, almost blowing you away.
Your flashlight went off.

You tapped your phone severally but nothing was coming on, (it seemed dead).

"I told you before, you can't run away from me", a deep voice said.

Even with such noisy wind, you could hear him loud and clear.
Your mind went back to your dream, it was the same man in your dream, (how he found you was a mystery).

The wild wind came, twirling around you as you held your head tight, screaming, wondering if anyone could hear you.

It stopped. The lights came back and there was a knock on the door.
Your eyes bulged out with horror on your face as your heavy breathing filled the living room.

You came back to life as your phone vibrated, the same phone that had refused to come on when there was total darkness.

You answered the called without a thought, "yes?"

"Come open the door, I've been knocking", the person on the other side spoke.

"Roy", you breathed out.

"Remember this guy?", Roy said as soon as you opened the door.

"Goodness! What happened to your hair Y/N, you look terrible, have you been up all night?", he asked which made you look at the time on your phone, it was 6:43am.

"Come in", you said absentmindedly.

You stopped halfway in as your eyes caught sight of the neatly tidied living room.

"B-but the...wind, my hair", you mumbled.

"OK, so do you want to tell me why you didn't sleep all night or why you have such look on your face or at least,why your hair looks like a bird nest?", Roy demanded.

Your eyes shifted to him, "I'll go to bed now", you said and walked away quickly.

You found your bedroom door opened, "but, but--- arghhh! I can't make any sense of what is happening!", you said to yourselfself.

Walking in, you found the grimoire on your bed which made you pause.

"Y/N!!!", Roy shouted from the hall, signaling his coming.

You grabbed the grimoire and tossed it under your bed.

"Y/N, how dare you walk out on me?!", he questioned in rage.

"My-my nightmare", you voice got hutch in your throat.

Roy looked at you before realizing you had a tear in your right eye, "owwww, my big baby, come here..", he held you which made you feel safe.
"I'll cuddle you till you fall asleep, I'm not going anywhere", he said as he cupped your small face in his hands.

With Roy holding you tenderly, you fell into a deep slumber.

..
..

You ran with no direction in a desert. You held onto your white dress to avoid falling.
Something or someone was tirelessly chasing you.

Soon enough, the grounds behind you began to fall apart, exposing a large lake of fire.

The heat emanating from it brushed against your skin and you screamed.

"You can't run away from me", a deep voice said.

Your mind wasn't focused on the voice, you wanted to run as fast as you could because of how fast the ground broke.

"You owe me!", the voice said again.

The ground beneath your feet became as hot as the heat that brushed your skin.

Unable to bear the pain, you slowed down your pace a little which caused the ground you stood upon break and you went falling into the lake of fire.

You jolted up with a scream.
"Hey, hey, it's OK, I'm here", Roy said as he pulled you closer.

You had sweat all over your face and the terror could not be missed. You placed your hand on your chest and felt how your heart was pounding as your rib cage contracted and relaxed.

"The nightmare?", Roy asked once you were peaceful.

"Yes, it's like someone or something is haunting me through my dreams", you became thoughtful for a second.

"That was likely to happen, I mean, you stayed up all night", he stood up from your bed and stalked towards the door.

Your eyes followed his movement until he said, "come on, let's eat, it's noon already"

You slipped your legs into your slippers and Roy let out a loud laugh.

"Get out of my way", you pushed past him.

"No but really, you need to stop wearing that weird slippers, it looks hilarious", he laughed again.