CHAPTER 9

_____
You walked downstairs still stupefied about how arranged the living room was.

You shook your head, "this has to be a joke", you walked into the kitchen.

"Are you alright?", Roy asked from behind.

"Yes, yes, why?", you answered carelessly.

He looked at you thoughtfully before waving his hands, "no, it's no big deal"

"Pancakes?", you asked.

Roy laughed hysterically, "what!? Your pancakes taste like butts, so no", he stretched forward to pick a pan behind you when your eyes shifted to something or rather...someone.

"Y/N?", Roy shook you slightly.

"Huh? Someone in a black cloak just passed right now Roy!"

"Insane! It could be the servants, I thought you had enough sleep, why are you still delusional?"

"Delu- what! Are you trying to say, that I'm crazy!?", you asked peeking behind the pillar in the kitchen.

His phone rang..
"Look, I don't have time for your silliness, my mom's calling already, I have to go back now", he walked past you.

"Oh, will you come tonight?", you asked with anticipation.

"Yeah, yeah, I guess. Don't stay up again ok?", he placed a tender kiss on your cheek and you nodded like a little and obedient puppy.

Damn it mom! Just when I was about to create the world's greatest pasta!, he mumbled as he closed the door.

A knock came, making you look up quickly before saying, "come in.."

"Good afternoon Miss, I knocked earlier this morning but there wasn't any response, I'm sorry if my lateness has caused any inconveniences"

"Anne, no, no, I'm at fault here. Go on with your duties", you headed towards the direction of your bedroom.

"But your bath, I need to prepare it Miss", Anne's voice sounded.

"Roy's done that already!", you said without paying attention to her.

..
..

You shut the door behind as you leaned your head against the closed door and took in a deep breath, in order to relax your mind and free your thoughts.
"I've been really seeing things", you said as you stared directly as the ceiling.

When you felt a bit relieved, you took your clothes off and walked into the bathroom that was covered with steam. You inhaled the scent that oozed out of the tub before your nostrils caught the unusual fragrance that was lingering.

"Is this...strawberry?", you asked yourself as you inhaled again.

You picked up the soap box, "who told that butthead that I bathe with this? I prefer coconut and caramel", you smiled.

You had a longer-than-usual bath, to be more precised, you only stayed in the water with a blank mind and a disturbed spirit.

Startled, you popped your head out of the tub speedily, "what was that sound? It sounded like wind, is the storm coming?", you kept questioning yourself as you wrapped your towel around your body.

You placed your hand on the door knob and it was strangely cold.

Must be the storms then, your blank mind thought.

The door made a creeking sound and you stepped into your bedroom.

"Oh, hello"

You flinched back with a scream, your hands wrapping your body as if they were a shield.

The strange man who sat comfortably on a sofa in your bedroom rolled his eyes and, "tsk, mortals... I almost forget how dramatic you little creatures are at the sight of ANYTHING"

You looked around, especially at your locked door and window in genuine confusion, "h-how, w-who, HOW DID YOU GET IN HERE?", you snapped without wanting to reveal the fear that occupied your trembling body.

"You look too small for that voice Miss, but the fun part is, I hear your heartbeat and it's not the normal sound of a human, which means you are petrified by my presence and I like it"

"I'm calling the cops", you said and rushed to your phone that was sitting on the table.

He laughed sharply and you froze in place, nostalgia washing over you.

"And tell them a 'man' is in your bedroom and you're wrapped in a tiny childish towel that has ducks all over it?", he tilted his head slightly as he questioned you.

Your ears became red and your cheeks burned in embarrassment, realizing that you're in front of a stranger almost naked, but what struck you the most was his laughter. Why it felt familiar.

"Ah", he looked around, "It been a while I came down to earth, usually send my...servants"

"Who exactly are you and what do you want?"

"Have you forgotten so soon? You owe me. You can run but you can't hide", he said with a lazy smirk.

Your eyes bulged...