II.

ˋ°•*⁀➷

2. regret

ˋ°•*⁀➷

"...I'll spend forever wondering if you knew I was enchanted to meet you..."

ˋ°•*⁀➷

Victoria sighed as she gripped her steering wheel. She had to stop her drive back to New York as the thoughts ran through her head again.

It had been at least her third stop just to clear her head again. She did not want to drive while her head was clouded by regret.

Maybe she should have told George. Maybe that would be the last time they would see each other for a long time. Maybe he felt the same. Maybe he didn't.

Whatever it may have been, one thing would have come out, the constricting feeling that Victoria was feeling in her chest would be gone.

Yes, there was a possibility that it could have gone wrong. Maybe George didn't see her that way, at least she would know whether or not she would move on from this fickle feeling.

She remembered what Dream told her before they parted, "Think about it, you can still tell him when you get home." And he was right.

Victoria can still tell George when they ended up in their call that night. She can still tell him, but will she?

Was she willing to cause turmoil in George's head? Was she willing to make George overthink where she can't reassure him or comfort him because she was sure that he would distance himself from everyone? Was she willing to cause distress to George's tired mind already?

She groaned and gripped her hair as she tried to steady her breathing. "Get a grip on yourself Victoria." She scolded herself.

She felt the feelings sinking in, she can feel her heart long for George and her mind overthinking about it all.

Victoria shook her head, "Stop it." She groaned and let go of her hair. Gripping the steering wheel, letting out a few breaths before starting her drive again.

She had to stop this, she didn't want to ruin anything with George. Being his closest- best friend was enough for her. She'd much rather hide her feelings than being rejected and the possibility of George getting awkward with her.

She pushed herself to believe that her feelings would fade, she hoped they would because she made herself believe that George didn't and will never feel that way towards her.

She kept repeating the words to herself as she drove all the way back to New York. She did not want to lose George in any way possible, so despite it hurt her, she was going to bury this feeling deep down in the pit of her stomach.