VII.

ˋ°•*⁀➷

7. talk to me

ˋ°•*⁀➷

"...right now, I wish you were here with me, 'cause right now everything is new to me..."

ˋ°•*⁀➷

Victoria groaned and patted her bedside table to look for her phone. It was ringing loudly which made her hangover worse.

When she found it, she immediately answered, "I swear, I don't care who you are. I am going to kill you." She muttered.

A scoff was heard on the other side of the call, "After almost a month, this is how you're going to answer my call?"

She froze and pulled the phone away from her ear and looked at the caller id. Her lips parted as she stared at the name. She heard a sigh on the other end of the call, "Tori?"

She gulped and placed the phone back to her ear, "Yeah?" she asked with a quiet voice. She heard George let out a breath of relief that she didn't hang up on him.

"Talk to me. Please." He whispered. Victoria closed her eyes in regret, the line was quiet. George didn't know whether or not she was still there but he waited. He always would.

"I'm sorry." She muttered. He felt his lips smile a bit, "Sorry for what?" he asked clearly confused on what was going on with his best friend.

Victoria frowned as she laid on her back, "For shutting you out." She admitted. George hummed and nodded, "Why did you?" he asked.

He waited, it took her sometime to answer, but she did. "Because I'm stupid." "I'm the only one that can call you that." He joked making her chuckle.

His heart melted, oh how he missed her. Silence engulfed the two again, he felt it. He felt that she wasn't ready for him to find out, and he didn't want to push her.

"I miss you." He said. George couldn't make it up; Victoria snickered. He frowned, "You don't believe me?" he asked.

"It doesn't seem like you do." She pointed out. George sighed, "Tori-" "You smile a lot George. It looks good on you." She cut him off.

He didn't know how but he understood. He sighed, "No need to be jealous Tori." He said with a frown. He couldn't understand where this was coming from.

And Victoria knew that. She could hear his confusion. "I'm just saying. You don't need me anymore-" "I will always need you idiot. No one can replace you." He cut her off.

This made her frown and sigh, "George-" "Please don't shut me out Tori. It hurts when you do." He said.

"I'm sorry." "It's okay just don't do it again."

Silence was heard again. The two best friends listening to each others breaths. They missed each other.

"I won't push you to tell me, but just talk to me when things get hard. I'm your best friend Victoria. I'm right here." George said.

"I miss you George." She whispered. He sighed, she was changing the subject. A way for her to let him know that she gets it but she doesn't want to talk about it anymore.

"Then maybe we should see each other soon." He said. Victoria huffed, "You're in London George-" "And you're in New York. I know." He cut her off.

Victoria sighed, "George." She whispered. He hummed and she pursed her lips, "Thank you." "You're welcome."