IV.

ˋ°•*⁀➷

4. failure

ˋ°•*⁀➷

"...and I need you to know that we're fallin' so fast, we're fallin' like the stars..."

ˋ°•*⁀➷

Victoria frowned at her friends. Schlatt and Charlie had come to visit her in her hell hole of an apartment.

The girl had been hiding away from the world for far too long and the two knew why. "Seriously Tori? You can't keep acting like these feelings are gonna go away." Schlatt said as he pushed a glass of water towards her.

Charlie who was folding her laundry earlier walking in the kitchen and sat on the counter. He raised an eyebrow at her, "You can't hide from him forever." He said.

Victoria groaned, "I know-" "Then why the hell are you even trying to get these feelings to disappear-" "Because he doesn't feel the same way." She cut Schlatt off.

He raised an eyebrow at her, "And who told you that?" he asked. She was about to answer but Charlie cut her off, "Did you ask him?" he asked.

She frowned and shook her head. "Have you even tried talking to him about this?" Charlie asked her again and she shook her head.

Schlatt snickered, "Then there's your answer. You're hauling up in your apartment like a gremlin without a reason." He argued.

She looked at him and furrowed her eyebrows, "There is a reason." She said. "Yeah? Enlighten me." He challenged her.

Victoria stared at her good friend who was raising his eyebrow at her in a way to urge her to tell him any reason.

She sighed, "He's in a different continent-" "There's messaging, discord, you're in the 21st century." Charlie cut her off.

"We have issues about this-" "Who doesn't." Schlatt cut her off this time.

She stared at them with a frown, "You are digging yourself a useless hole Victoria." Schlatt pointed out.

"What if he doesn't feel the same way?" she asked vulnerably. Charlie frowned and jumped off the counter.

Moving towards her and gripping her hands, "What if he does?" he asked rhetorically. She hoped he does.

Victoria prayed and hoped that George would feel the same way. But she knew her best friend well enough, he has trouble with feelings and emotions already. From the stories he told her about the people he liked that was in the same country as him. It would be harder on him if it was her in that position.

"He has problems with dealing with his emotions-" "And what about you now? What about your emotions? And what about how he's feeling now? Either way, his emotions are as valid as yours. Positive or negative." Charlie explained to her.

She looked at Schlatt who sighed, he uncrossed his arms, "You want to save your friendship but what you're doing right now? Ignoring and shutting him out is ruining it more than just telling him you like him."