00. PROLOGUE

┌────── ⋆⁺₊⋆ 🪐 ⋆⁺₊⋆ ──────┐

PROLOGUE
31 BBY
one year before the Battle of Naboo

└────── ⋆⁺₊⋆ 🪐 ⋆⁺₊⋆ ──────┘

ALDERAAN WAS AT WAR.

No, that wasn't quite correct. It was something much more complicated than two opposing factions trying to gain something they both thought belonged to them. Bail had told her it was something regarding the line of ascendancy.

Not just for the future Queen but for the Viceroy position as well. Apparently her claim had been challenged. That was to be expected, every daughter of a royal house was given the opportunity to claim the throne once they turned eighteen.

Whether or not they did was up to them.

Breha Antilles, Elara Ulgo, Cara Thul. All of age to claim the throne, all being taken into consideration.

Bryn Organa was just the latest in a long line.

She fully expected for her claim to be contested, after all, she didn't take the responsibility of leading the planet lightly. Her mother had instilled those values in her and Bail since before they could walk.

Queen Mazicia Organa was not one to shrink from her responsibility, either as a Queen or a mother. But the death of her consort coinciding with the eighteenth birthday of her eldest daughter was almost too perfect.

So Bryn had been pushed to make her claim before it was too late.

And then she'd woken up to a servant dressed in Antilles colors holding a viroblade over her chest and a blaster hole in their own.

Captain Tarrik hurried her out of the room, where her mother waited with silent fury, dragging the body of the assassin alongside her daughter to the Council, showcasing exactly why the Organa family needed to be worried about making their claim to the throne.

Senator Davik Antilles had thrown a fit, refusing to entertain negotiations with the former Queen of Alderaan, and when Bail had caught wind of the attempt, the possibility of resolving things peacefully nearly flew out the window.

And then the Jedi Council had gotten involved. Two Masters and an apprentice had shown up at the behest of her mother's former councilor and suddenly the negotiations were back on the table. 

The crackling of the fire brought her back to reality, as did the sudden movement of a cloak against the forest floor.

Her Jedi protectors, Bail had called them. Their mother had been the one to insist on them really, stating that she refused to negotiate a possible outcome with the Antilles family unless her daughter was given proper protection.