02. FAMILY BUSINESS

┌────── ⋆⁺₊⋆ 🪐 ⋆⁺₊⋆ ──────┐

CHAPTER TWO

FAMILY BUSINESS

└────── ⋆⁺₊⋆ 🪐 ⋆⁺₊⋆ ──────┘

THE DAY BRYN WAS SUPPOSED TO LEAVE for Naboo was the first time in months she'd seen her mother.

Celly had been helping her out in the shipyard, fixing up the Tantive as best she could while Bail and Breha continued to discuss both wedding plans and politics. Force, the only reason she was allowed to use the ship was because Bail had decided to pay a visit to Davik in the senate after getting word of unrest near the Mid Rim Territories.

His term would be up by the end of this year, and with Chancellor Valorum constantly appearing on the holonet for his inability to pass bills and laws without taking longer than a cycle, Bail wasn't sure that Valorum would be re-elected, which meant that there was a good chance Davik's usefulness had run out as well.

Bryn walked up to the freshly washed starship, dressed in black pants with a navy blue shirt and a brown cargo vest, her hair braided up in a halo to keep it off her back. A holster hung at her side where a blaster sat unused, and hopefully it would remain that way.

Her more regal wardrobe had been packed onto the ship already. Naboo wasn't more than a few parsecs away by hyperspeed, but Bryn still wanted to be comfortable when faced with any unplanned snags in the journey.

"Is she ready to go?" Bryn asked as her boots slapped the metal of the dock, her brother dressed in Organa blue with a contemplative look on his face, hand stroking his new goatee.

Bail turned to face her and his mouth widened into a smile, "I would say she's never looked better," He replied, pulling Bryn in for a side hug.

"Thanks to me, you mean?" A dark ponytail popped out from underneath the ship, Celly pulling herself free from the confines of the space and leaning her elbows on the hover scooter, "Considering I did most of the work."

Bryn rolled her eyes, "Yeah, but I was the one giving the orders, it doesn't take a genius to know how to work a wrench."

Celly scoffed and pushed herself up, "It does when you're dealing with the flagship of the Royal Navy of Alderaan,"

"Oh come on, a droid could've done that–"

"Oh is that why you asked me? Didn't want the trouble of–"

'You know that's not why Cel–"

"You can't let anyone take credit can you–"

"Celly, I promise that's not–"