03. NEGOTIATIONS

┌────── ⋆⁺₊⋆ 🪐 ⋆⁺₊⋆ ──────┐

CHAPTER TWO
NEGOTIATIONS

└────── ⋆⁺₊⋆ 🪐 ⋆⁺₊⋆ ──────┘

BRYN ORGANA

NABOO SLOWLY CAME INTO FOCUS as they came out of light speed, the lush planet far greener than Alderaan was this time of year.

Still, Bryn couldn't help but feel like she was coming home as Jacen smoothly moved through the Trade Federation's presence with little incident.

His companion droid–BD-7, she'd finally learned its name was–moved back and forth across the dash, pressing buttons and automating the landing process as Jacen slid out of the pilot's chair and double checked the gears as they began their descent.

Unfortunately, Bryn was sure that if she didn't follow this trip to the letter, her mother's voice would be haunting her.

And that meant she was forced to change from her comfortable clothes in the pilot's seat into something more 'acceptable' for the ambassador of Alderaan to meet the Queen of Naboo.

The blue coarseweave shirt became a white shimmersilk tunic and same color fiberweave cape she buckled around the waist to provide a more flattering silhouette than the boxy tunics Bail and Celly often wore.

She tried not to think about the fact that her mother wore similar ones.

The colors contrasted well against her black pants and boots, and she eyed the velvet box tucked away near the bottom of her luggage.

She could almost see the velvet pillow the bejeweled relic lay on, her mother's voice chiding her for thinking about leaving it behind.

She shoved her clothes over the box and reached for her blaster and vibroblades instead.

Bryn tucked the blades away in the compartments of her waistband, laying flat against her stomach and back while the blaster found a home in her holster.

She hoped she wouldn't have to use it, but with the Trade Federation growing closer and closer to Naboo, she wasn't quite sure.

Bryn sighed and smoothed down the wrinkles in her tunic, the door hissing as she stepped out.

Jacen stood there with a hand raised, eyebrows arched as he gave her a once over.

"Please remember you are technically speaking to royalty." Bryn crossed her arms and screwed her face into the best impression of her mother she possibly could.

It must have worked because the pilot lifted his hands up in surrender, "I didn't say anything–"

"You were thinking it–"