Candlelight

A single candle lit the arched concrete corridor, oranges dancing across the ceiling. Lailah waited patiently for the sound of footsteps.
    Nervousness fluttered through her heart. Not because of who she was waiting for, but more for who could catch them. Gnawing on her nails she paced silently.
    "You're such a worry wart," someone chuckled from behind her as their arms snaked around her waist, holding her to their chest.
    "I like to think I'm rational. One of us needs to be," she retorted, turning in his arms. Leon's blonde hair looked golden in the candlelight. Ringlets framed his face. Green eyes staring back at her, a kind loving look softened his usual tough knight mood. Crinkled in amusement at her worry. His pink lips quirked up at the sides.
    She was always worried about being caught. She would die for Leon but she didn't want him to lose his knightship, his whole life would fall apart. Duh, she was worried. But he always was at ease, calming her down.
    Reaching up she held his face with her hands, his facial hair scratching at her palms. "I don't know what you're talking about. I'm perfectly rational," he whispered leaning in. Connecting their lips they melted into each other.
Her hands moved to his hair and his arms stayed around her waist, one reaching up to hold her face. They relaxed into each other, the only time when they truly could was with each other