ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5

The three walked around the city of this universe, looking around at the colourful, flowery, buildings. Stephen and Theo were about to walk onto the road when America pulled them both back, keeping her hand on Theo's arm, "But it's red?" She asked, then Stephen asked, "You go on red?" 

"Rule number one of universal travel, you don't know anything." America answered them. Theo nodded, "Right." Stephen replied, looking out to the road. The light changed to red, "It's red." Announced Stephen as they walked across the road.

Theo took notice of the peoples clothing, "They're all wearing back and white, why are they all wearing black and white?" She whisper-asked her dad, "How am I supposed to know?" He whisper-asked back. 

Once they were on the other side, Stephen spoke, "So, what's rule number two?" He asked the empty spot where America was supposed to be, Theo felt her heart stop when she noticed that the girl wasn't there. "America?" She called out, both of them looking around. 

Stephen felt a hand in his shoulder, "Rule number two, find food." Theo let out a breath of relief, "You scared me, asshole." She lightly punched America's shoulder, who handed her a pizza ball, "Preferably pizza, pizza balls." She told Stephen. Theo was sceptical of eating it but was too hungry to really care, "How did you pay for that?" Her dad asked. "It's free." Replied America, "Food is free in most universes actually, it's weird you guys have to pay for it." 

Then this guy stopped them, "Hey, you didn't pay for that." He told America, "Crap, maybe it's not free here." She realised, the guy then went on, "Pizza Poppa always gets paid." 

"Alright Pizza Poppa relax, she's just a kid." Stephen tried to calm the guy down but was interrupted, "Relax yourself, Doctor Strange." The guy let out a laugh, "Where'd you get this cape from anyway?" He asked, feeling the fabric. "Oh that feels authentic."

Stephen glared at the man, "It's not a cape, it's cloak and I suggest you let go." 

The man stared at him, "You took this whole suit from the Strange Museum, didn't you?" He accused Stephen, "The Strange Museum?" He questioned. "Your a taker." The man stated, now holding a bottle of mustard, "Why don't you take some mustard, huh?" 

Before any mustard could get on him, Stephen used magic to control the man into squirting mustard on himself and then caused him to punched himself over and over again. "Come on its not permanent." Stephen and Theo started walking away, America following after them, "You mean it'll stop in a few seconds?" She asked. "About three weeks." He replied, causing America to chuckle and Theo to high-five her dad. 

"Oh, by the way, in those universes we went through...were we paint in one of them?" Theo asked America, "Yeah, you don't wanna get stuck there. It's really hard to eat." She answered, looking at the blonde. "How many universes have you been to?" Stephen asked her. "Uhhh, seventy-two...seventy-three counting this one."

"Wow." Theo replied, amazed by how many the girl had been to, Stephen accidentally walked into a button which triggered a voice, 'Memory Lane, replay your significant memories now at a discounted price. We remember so you don't forget.' Theo and America looked at each other, confused as Stephen was scanned.

Suddenly, a screen appeared in front of them and Stephen was seen sitting at a table with Christine. It was when Stephen got his watch, Theo watched her dad as they memory played out, he looked longingly at the memory which made Theo feel bad. Stephen walked off and Theo tried walking after him but accidentally walked on the button too, curious to what her significant memory was, she stayed. 

The machine scanned her and then, the screen showed a familiar looking place, Theo got shivers just from looking at it. Then she saw a little 6-year-old Theo hiding in the corner of a cell, Stephen looked at Theo. A man came into the cell, as soon as the man came in the screen, Theo stepped of the button in fright.