Chapter 16: Safe House

Sawyer Wilson.

As we set off for our journey, with heavy weapons carrying behind our backs we can barely walk from how heavy our bags are, full of automatic rifles and random designs of combat knives. We made our way to entire Rentire Shopping Centre that is surprisingly neat and infected-free area except near the Blue Yack. Walmart is also surprisingly in stock of their item's and they were bed there for sale and we could use this big area full of supplies, we could stay here till this thing is over and only come out if necessary.

"This place is huge" Lex said, surprised "I never been here"

"This place is a goldmine for ordinary people" Lindley clutching her katana behind her back

"Aren't we 'ordinary' people?" Jaidyn asked "and where the heck did u get that katana?" Lindley completely ignored the question.

We walked past the chocolate isle where all sorts of desserts and chocolate were there, Rose quickly grab Hershey's chocolate bar and put it inside the bag along with the ammunition she recently picked up.

"We could live here" Carrie said
"We could" Lex agreed "there's bed's and groceries, we could stay here till' this thing is over"

"We can't" I said "it's a shopping mall, it could be a bait"

"Well, since when you are in charge here?" Lex shot back

"Im not in charge, i am just saying the possibilities that can happen." I replied politely.

"We could stay here for awhile" Jaidyn said and i looked at him as if im trying to say are you mad?

" we could try and stay here for awhile" Lindley said, that is 3 out of 1 unless both of the girls say no, if they ever did, they will never listen they will just stay anyway.

"If anything bad happens, were out of here, is that a deal?" Lindley continued "this place is huge, i mean we can't be the only one who thinks this place is safe. There are other survivors out there seeking for shelter, this will be their best bet, but we can't trust them."

"Why?" Lex said, i wish i could blow his stubborn head off with his own Desert Eagle he just got.

"Because, it's not the same anymore, this is survival." Lindley replied

"If they were friendly, Rose and I will stay here whatever cost it is." Lex said but Rose made an expression as if she doesn't agree with it.

"If you don't stay with us, they will blow your stupid stubborn mouth off. Shut your mouth" Lindley shot back at him. Woah that was too way forward, Lindley will be a good person to be in the team, in such a young age she learned quickly how to survive and not hesitate.

"Just remember, we saved you from that death trap and we nearly died because of your ass" Lex said. This is getting too personal

"And now that is why i am suggesting to stay together, because your friends would do the same for you." Lindley said, i agree, but if Lex is getting way too stubborn, we have no choice but to leave him. i will take Rose with us no matter what cost it is, Lex liked it his own way, even if he put himself into danger he somehow can get out of it.

**** ****
They were three bed's lined up in a row, and there is six of us which means two each bed. Rose and Lex are together; Lindley and Carrie; Jaidyn and I. As we settled in, dropped our bags on the floor keeping an eye for them, it was time to rest from a long day, tomorrow would be a brand new day, which means a brand new shit. I mean, someone could die in their sleep, someone could die from something or someone.

"I got an idea" Jaidyn said suddenly while lying still, eyes opened staring into nothing and silence comes in waiting for Jaidyn to speak, we could only hear our breaths with the deafening silence. He took a deep breath. "Sawyer remember when we were kid's at that small tree house and we're playing the bad guys who rob the jewerly shop?"

"Yes" i replied, months have past, making me forget all those precious memories and i almost forgotten my childhood, but here Jaidyn making me remember about it every single day, and i do remember all of our adventure's we had done. In those days we had a tree house that we call 'The Safe House' after going home from school, we go straight to that small tree house that only contains a small tea table that is made by wood. We sit there telling each other how fun our adventures were (obviously they were make believe) but the truth was, it was just school making the story ten times better than it suppose to be.

"If we ever get separated, this will be our tree house, our safe house." He said and i snap off from my daydream, reality made a huge leap to me, realising this is not the safe house that we always dreamed off, because this safe house could be the end of us. Death is always waiting there in his corner waiting for the right moment to grab us and drag us into his pit of darkness. It is the ugly truth.

"We could meet here, in this place, right here, and team up once again." But only silence answered Jaidyn. i knew that this will be our Safe House like we were kids. Our meeting place. Our Safe House

"It will be" I whispered to him as we drifted off to sleep.