Chapter 30:

Unedited.

Me and Scarlett finish getting ready. She steps out and once again I'm in awe.

"No I am taking a photo of you, pose for me Beautiful." I take out my phone and she laughs before posing jokingly, however I catch the photo perfectly.

Stunning

Stunning. The epitome of beauty and it's mine.

"Right we don't have time for this, let's go, go, go." Scarlett scoffs and ushers me out.

This girl doesn't realise that we have time.

We are guided out by one of the staff and are escorted to a car. The driver holds the door open for the both of us, I step in first and offer my hand out to assist Scarlett in.

"So where are we go-" I am interrupted by a,

"Hush. You will know when we get there." She shushes me calmly, however her eyes are practically screaming of uncertainty.

Okay I'm a little worried now.

"Hey, are you okay?" I place my hand on her shoulder.

"Yes of course." She answers with zero hesitation. It was completely believable, yes I am being sarcastic.

"Please don't take this as me nagging but, are you sure? You've been off the entire day, if there's something bothering you, you know you can tell me." I reassure her, we'll try to at least. She doesn't have to tell me, she can just tell me there's something wrong and leave it at that. I just want to make sure she's okay.

"I promise you, I am just fine, the whole flying thing has put me on edge a little that's all." She replies and I analyse her expression for a few brief moments before nodding my head.

There's not much conversation for the rest of the journey, I give her a little space as it seemed like she needed it and stare out of the window. The sun is setting and the lights are now gleaming amber. It's beautiful. I've milked the word dry of all its meaning now, I know.

But we eventually arrive at a canal, or river. I'm not exactly sure. The lights are reflecting across the water, against the ripples and twinkling into the night sky. There are a few boats, you know those tourist boats that are rammed packed everyday. They must be making bank. The car stops and the driver opens our doors for us, we both step out and I look up at the sky. This night reminds me of the night we shared in the pool. Seems like years ago now.

"Are you ready to board Miss Johansson?" Another man, dressed in a smart suit, questions. His French accent strong.

"Yes, yes we're ready." She holds out her hand for me and I take it. The both of us then walk side by side, hand in hand onto a boat that we were guided to by one of the crew.