19 - last chapter

A strong wind is blowing that caused some leaves to be lifted off the ground and bend tiny tree branches. Ryujin's hair swept across her face as a chilly breeze blew through it, snapping her back into the reality.

Reality.

A reality in which she was alone in the cemetery and there were no traces of someone else.

Ryujin blinked multiple times before looking down on the grave. She chuckled softly before whispering, "I'm hallucinating."

She let out a deep breath, "I believe, I just really miss her so much, Mom." She fixed her gaze on the gravestone displaying her mother's name.

"Not Karina though," Ryujin chuckled, "The last time I visited you, I talked about Karina. But this time, I'm not going to talk about her anymore."

Ryujin brushed off the small leaves on the graveyard as she speaks, "Her name is Hwang Yeji. I called her Yeddeong."

"The person who broke the walls I built in my heart."

"The person who gave a source of happiness to me for a moment."

"The person who makes me horny— no, I'm just kidding, Mom," Ryujin giggled, trying to lighten up the mood.

Ryujin paused for a second, breathing in and out. She shut her eyes as she says,

"The person I kidnapped, but who eventually saved my life."

The smile on Ryujin's face is gradually disappearing as she remembers Yeji,

FLASHBACK

All the criminals, including Lee and Ryujin, were brought into the police station immediately following the SWAT team's clash with the gang inside the abandoned building.

"Why, Ryujin?" Winter, the police officer, questioned Ryujin, whose clothing were drenched in blood. Her wrists were snapped by a handcuff, and her arms were being held by Felix.

Ryujin's mind was completely lost.  She was expressing a blank look as her mind was occupied by the events that happened earlier. The only words she could only say were

"I'm sorry."

"Your sorry won't change anything, Ryu. You must face the court of law." Winter explained, feeling bad for her friend. She thought that Ryujin had already left the mafia but, she was wrong.

"I'm sorry." Ryujin apologized again.

Ryujin's eyes were red and swollen. Winter didn't want Ryujin to enter the jail but what Ryujin did was still wrong.

"Where is my sister?" Ryujin asked while fighting back her tears, "Is she safe?"

"They are safe. She's in the hospital together with Yeji's friend and—"

All of a sudden, a man aggressively entered the police station whose shirt was stained with blood. His eyes narrowed, anger curled hot through out his body when he saw Ryujin.

"You motherfucker," The man approached and slapped Ryujin on the face, causing the helpless girl to shut her eyes as she lowered her head.

However, Ryujin didn't feel any pain. She had already became numb.

"Mr. Hwang," Winter placed her palm on the man's chest and stood between him and Ryujin to stop him from harassing Ryujin.

But the man didn't heard anything. His eyes shot on Ryujin, "Who are you, huh? Why did my daughter defended you?!" He was about to slap Ryujin but Winter pushed him away, holding his arms.

"You should be the one who gets shot, not my daughter!" He shouted, balling his fist in anger. He was the one who gave Hyunjin the order to kill the kidnapper, but something unexpected happened instead.