Breakin' My Heart (Pretty Brown Eyes)

thriller era (darryl) 24
(For my brown eyed galsss)

He walked down the dark mysterious alleyway, trying to take a short cut on the way to his apartment complex. He'd never taken this route before and was not aware of any of the dangers or hazards waiting there for him. He saw the ladder fire escape hanging down in front of him. As he had planned on crawling up it.

Suddenly, he jumped at the feeling of cold hands around his ankles. He looked down to see a woman around his age that had been terribly beaten, cuts all over her face and bruises all over the parts of her body that he could see, she looked as if she could die any second. He couldn't leave her here. It would lay on his conscience for the rest of his life. Darryl was a kind soul who would help people of all kinds, no matter your actions.

He kneeled down in front of her hoping she would be able to open her mouth to speak. He lightly brushed the hair out of her face, she was a gorgeous woman with the skin of a goddess, smooth and silky, but sadly her face was covered in dirt and rocks covering up her true complexion.

"Are you okay?" He asked, avoiding the obvious, hoping she could at least speak to him. She opened her mouth to speak but no words came out for it was only the crickets and insects around that made sound. He picked her up and she instinctively clung to his chest, feeling as if she was in safe strong arms. Darryl brought her back around the other side of the building, knowing that it was impossible to bring her up in this condition through the ladder fire escape.

Walking through his apartment door, he laid her on the sofa, so he could make his way to the bathroom to grab a washcloth. Coming back with the damp wash cloth he began wiping off dirt of of her face. Her eyebrows knitting together she whimpered, unknowingly, from the touch of the warm wash cloth. Her skin underneath was somewhat pale, for it had been unknown how long she had been lying there. He grabbed the black hair tie that was wrapped around his wrist and tied up her hair for it too was a mess.

"Stay right here, I'm gonna make some soup!" His soft voice spoke out, alarming her even while she wasn't fully conscious. He brushed back his curls out of his face so he could see the ingredients for the soup carefully. Instead a glistening piece of paper had caught his eye. He picked up a letter written in pretty shiny cursive from off of the counter and started reading it carefully.

Darryl, honey, I'm out at work... again. I'm sorry I'm not home when you best needed me. I know a new change of environment could be strange and I know you hate moving, but I promise you'll get used to it. I'll be out a lot this week working overtime. I hope you have fun at your new college and enjoy yourself. Try to make new friends can you? You can even invite them over to play games and stuff. Even invite female friends if you want. But if you do don't make much noise please ;)

Xoxo Mama.

Darryl blushed reading the last sentence. "Oh mama. I miss you more then you could ever understand. I wish you could be home more often.."

After the soup was done he grabbed a spoon and a bowl, filling it up to the brim. He sat her up watching as she fought her own eyes, trying to keep them open. "Open up." She opened her mouth ever so slightly. "Wider." She opened her mouth wide into an 'o' shape. He fed her the soup, big spoonfuls at a time. He looked down at the ripped up shirt and stained sweatpants she had on.

"After we get you clean you need a new change of clothes. Let me grab one of my shirts." He picked her up once again and brought her to his bedroom. He rummaged through multiple drawers trying to find a large old shirt of his. He had finally found one, a red shirt that said Jackson in large yellow letters on the back of it.