Baby, Its Cold Outside

mature era (48)

"Thank you for having me over, but it's getting late. I really can't stay." I told Elizabeth Taylor, the host of this years Christmas Party. She turned her head towards me, looking away from the person she was conversing with, and nodded telling me that she understood.

She usually hosts an annual party at her wooden cabin that she purchased for things like parties and events. It was fun but I honestly had stayed longer than I intended to. Grabbing my coat I speed walked away, even though I heard Michael repetitiously call my name. I loved the way it sounded coming out of his mouth... but anyways.

"Y/N! I know you hear me calling you!"

He scanned the room filled with many many people until his eyes latched onto mine as I had my hand on the door knob, twisting it. He did a little jog over and I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"Where are you going? The party just started!"

"It's one o'clock, Michael."

"And?" He crossed his arms.

"The party started at eight, I told you I only expected to be here for a few hours. Bye."

"Y/N, it's cold outside, you can't walk home. I drove you here remember!"

"I got to go, see you later okay?"

"No, not okay! It's below freezing out there! You'll get hypothermia." He exclaimed, removing my hand from the door knob, which even the knob itself was cold to the touch.

"This evening has been, so much fun."

"Well, if it's been that much fun then you'll stay here with me." He raised an eyebrow. "Your hands are cold like ice! Let me hold them, I'll warm them up and you'll stay."

"What about my mother, she'll worry her head off, I told her the latest I'd be back was eleven.."

"Call her. What's your hurry?"

"And my father will be pacing all around the floor, he'll lose his mind!"

"Tell your mother to talk to your father. Come over here near the fireplace, it'll warm you up some more." He walked her towards the fireplace, clasping her hands inside of his and pushing them to the warm fire.

"Really, Michael. I'd better scurry."

"Beautiful, please don't hurry..."

She searched his eyes trying to find something in them but the tinted sunglasses blocked her vision. He knew she tried to look behind them. So for his friend- and to show he honestly meant it- he removed his glasses, showing that he genuinely wanted her to stay. She sighed looking at his eyes that begged her. Kissing her teeth she spoke. "Just half a drink more, wouldn't hurt."

She watched as a smile spread across his face and he put back on his sunglasses.

"Liz, can you put on that one record!" He yelled to his friend who was sitting on the couch near the bar while they were a room over.

"Which one, Michael?" She yelled back to him.

"Y'know that one song that came out this year, the one I really really like!"

"Oh, Biggie Smalls: Greatest Hits or Epiphany?"

"Either one."

She put on the record and Juicy started playing.

He walked back over to me with two drinks in his hand, one for him and one for me.

"You the only dude I know that would ask to play Biggie Smalls at a Christmas Party." I playfully rolled my eyes. He said nothing but just looked at me.

"Hellllo? Are you in there?"

"Mind if I move closer?" He asked. He stared directly into your soul, knowing what he was doing as he did. "Your eyes are like starlight now."

"I- I- I should get going..." She stood up.

"Baby, didn't I already say it's cold outside? " He grabbed her by the arm pulling her back.

"You're very pushy y'know?"

"I like to think of it as opportunistic.." he smiled.

"But-"

"Look out the window at that storm.." he pointed to the open window where the snow was blowing inside from the terrible wind. He closed the window and turned around back to you, walking closer.

"My older sister will be suspicious, she's always looking out for me."

"She'll be fine.." he muttered. "Your lips look so delicious-" he stared down at your lips covered in gloss and lipstick. He lightly grabbed the side of your face bringing it towards his. The hood or lid  of his eyes hung low, showing off his 'bedroom eyes.' Removing his black sunglasses once again, he licked his lips and then gave you a messy kiss, grabbing your neck softly as he did. He caught your bottom lip in between his teeth as he pulled away. Michael looked at you a smirk apparent on his face. He wiped the slobber off his lips with his thumb and you did the same.

"You lips are delicious, you taste like" he licked his lips to make sure he tasted as he thought he did. "...sugar cookies?"

"It's my Christmas cookie lip gloss.But it looks like it's clearing up outside." She peeked out the window.

"I can tell you're tryna make an excuse. Y/N, what if you caught pneumonia and died?"

"I wont, just let me leave."

"Alright. I give up." He waved goodbye.

She walked outside the door with only a few layers of clothing on, and she only got a few feet before she ran right back inside to the warmth of the cabin looking like a walking popsicle stick.

She wobbled back over like a penguin to Michael who had one arm crossed over his upper stomach holding the other arm up which was used to pinch the bridge of his nose as he laughed.

"This ain't funny!" She yelled, looking behind her as she left trails of snow behind her on the floor.

"Your staying? I thought your family would be upset?" He held his stomach as he was still laughing and his eyes even started watering.

"Yeah, cause baby it's cold outside." They mumbled in unison.

She reached into a hug so he could feel just as cold as she did.

"That took a lot of convincing." He maffled so she couldn't hear, shivering from the ice covering his whole body which had only been covered in a black turtleneck, dress pants and a thin gold chain.