Drunk In Love

any era but era chosen: dangerous era (34)

"Michael! Michael where are you?" She asked, biting her nails while she fiddled with the red phone cord that was connected to the black phone booth.

"I'm- I am- you know what? I don't know-" he turned around to meet his best buddy who was smushed with him inside the phone booth.

"Chris? Whe- where are we?" He slurred, blowing his beer covered breath into Chris's sober and very annoyed face.

"There is not enough room in this tiny ass phone booth for you ta be turning 'round!" He exhaled dramatically, rolling his eyes. "Getcho black Tarzan looking ass outta this booth so I can tell her where we at!"

He exhaled. "Oh KAY. Jeez. I'm moving, I'm moving." He turned around, backing his rear end out first. "Beep. Beep. Beep."

"I'm sorry, Y/N. My car ran outta gas so can you please come pick us up at 467 Redwood Avenue?" He paused, watching as his friend started to walk towards the fast cars that roamed the busy late night streets. Him still being within arms reach, allowed Chris to use his long arm to grab his hand before he got too far away from him. "And please hurry.... he's wasted for real..."

Driving as quick as you could- without breaking any laws- you raced to the address that Chris had given, worried that something terrible would happen before you could arrive. You watched Chris sigh in relief as your car pulled up. He had Michael in a head lock only using one arm, Michael tried to fight his way out, attempting to claw at his face. You practically jumped out the car, slamming the door after you did.

"Chris, please sit in the back with him to make sure he doesn't hurt himself." You said, watching as Chris lifted Mike up an chucked him into the back seat.

"Here we go. Buckle up." You looked into the rear view mirror and meet his eyes.

"Un Uh." He shook his head, turning it upwards in a snobby manner.

"Un huh! Chris hold him down, I'll buckle him up!" I yell, crawling into the back seat and onto his lap, trying to grab the seat belt as he fought us both. He looked down at his lap and smirked.

"I've been in this position beforeeee! What you tryna get into Y/N?" He says, inching into your face and looking at your lips. You smile, shaking off your friends flirty antics and buckle him up while he's distracted. His smirk turned into a frown and he pouted. "Foul play."

"Fair play." She retorted crawling her way back into the front seat. He saw his opportunity and smacked her ass since it was in his face. She immediately turned around and looked him in the eyes, glaring. "Boy."

He put his hands up to his sides as if he was innocent. "Wasn't me.."

***

"Back to life, back to reality," Michael muttered while Chris dragged his now limp body out of the car and through the gates of Neverland. 

"Back to life my ass. You've been singing that same line for twenty minutes. Imma kill yo ass, all this trouble you done put us through." Chris's eyebrows furrowed as he pointed a mean finger into his friends face.

I laughed and used the third key on my lanyard to unlock the front door.

Chris threw Michael onto the couch and walked to the fridge. "After dealing with you for half a night I need a drink."

You looked away from Chris and turned towards Michael who sat up straight as if he wasn't acting a fool a few minutes ago. He stared directly at you with absolutely no emotion whatsoever, which somewhat worried and intimidated you.

Hesitantly, you ask him if he's okay. With no response he scoots closer and lays his head on your lap. He grabs your hand and places it on his head motioning for you to lightly play with his curls. With one hand you do exactly that and with the other you use to trace his sharp, defined jawline.

"I-i'm finna throw up." He muttered, his eyes widening as he did so.

"I know."

You hand him a brown paper bag and he regurgitates inside of it.

Anytime he'd over drink, he'd lay down on your lap to settle his stomach, and have you rub his back or play with his hair, which wouldn't help anyway. You'd kept a bag hidden underneath the couch just in case he needed it. You'd learned to do this the hard way.

Looking to the right of the couch, you see Chris holding a shot of Brandy in one hand and the bottle in the other. He slowly walks over, sitting in the big black rocker chair next to the couch.

We watched as his eyebrows quickly raise up to his hair line. "WHO'S DOG IS THAT?!" He screams immediately catching Michael's attention.

"WHERE!" He stood up quickly, trying to shake off any feelings of being drunk and instantly feeling the need to throw up again.

"I knew that would sober you up. There ain't dog fool." Chris laughs.

***

The Next Morning:

"Good morning..." she whispered into his ear.

"Why are you so loud..." he whispered back.

"I'm whispering," she giggled quietly.

"Whisper quieter." He said, attitude in his voice.

"Don't catch a tude with me!" She talked in her normal voice. Allowing him to reach up for his ears to cover them from the loud sound that made his head throb even harder.

"Okay okay I'm sorry."

"Anyways,  here's an Aspirin and some water." 

"Thanks for bringing me home, dealing with me while I acted the way I acted and just thanks for everything you've done for me in our years of friendship."

You smiled walking away.

"See you later Y/N, I love you more then you could ever imagine."

You paused your steps, slowly turning around. He covered his face, realizing what he had just said. "What'd you say?"

"Oh nothing. See you later alligator." He sighed, relieved you didn't hear him.

"I love you too. After while crocodile." You smirk, closing the door quietly behind you and walking out of his house.

"Did she just-? She is something else." He grinned, turned on the TV and putting the volume on two. "Guess I was just drunk in love." He lightly chuckled to himself.