Before prom

A week had passed since both King and Diane went to the mall. Today King finished the dress and made sure the proportions were right. He overheard Diane talking about her sizes when asking about her dress.

Meanwhile Diane was at home worrying about what to wear. She was lying on her bed, until she got a notification.

Diane sat up and looked at her phone

King txt: Hey Diane! I was wondering if you've found anything yet?? For the prom!

A smile quickly snuck onto Diane's face.

Diane: Ugh.. I hate to try looking last minute.
Diane txt: Not yet T-T I can't find anything.. 🙅‍♀️
King txt: Is it alright if I come over? I've got something for you!
Diane txt: Rlly?? Omgg what is it?
King txt: You'll see! Lol

Diane started kicking her legs. He was coming over, she was going to see him again. She quickly tidied her bedroom till she heard a knock. It was King!!

Diane: King!
King: Hi..

Diane let King in

King: I have the.. Uhm.. Present.

King handed Diane a cutesy bag. Diane opened it up to see something folded inside. She gasped and took it out. It was the dress she wanted.

Diane: OMG!! KING??

Diane hugged King. King laughed a little.

King: It took me a week.. To get right..
Diane: It's the perfect size!! Wait.. How do you know my size?
King: I overheard you discussing it with the woman about the dress.. And.. I bought it and adjusted it.. I practiced the stitching with some other pieces of fabric to make sure I'd get the stitching perfected with your size..
Diane: Thank you so much!

Diane smiled. Diane saw the plasters on Kings hands. They both hung out and played some of the wii games Diane had. Diane isn't the biggest gamer, she had a wii.

Diane obviously won in just dance. King won in bowling, though, on wii sports. He also won tennis because he has great rust movement for it. He won a lot of games.

King: *yawn* It's.. It's getting quite late..
Diane: *yawn* *smiles* yeah.. Wanna stay over again?
King: I-I don't wanna trouble you..
Diane: I'd like you to stay..

Diane said getting really close to King. They were practically touching noses.

King: Mhm! I'll stay.
Diane: Cool! I'll go get some snacks..
King: I'll come with you.

They walked down the stairs and tried to find something to eat

Diane: Hmm.. Wanna go to the store?
King: Sure.. I-I don't mind.
Diane: You stay here! I'll go get some snacks. What do you want?
King: Sure you don't want me to go with you?
Diane: You've done a lot for me already.. Besides.. You can set up the sitting room for when we sleep tonight
King: Alright.. Well.. I'd like some Reeces?
Diane: Anything else?
King: T-That's all.. Thank you. I'll go get my wallet-
Diane: I'll buy them, don't worry. After all, you bought and made that beautiful dress.. Thank you.

Kings eyes sparkled, he started panicking.

King: I-It was a present! So you.. You don't have to little by little pay me back..
Diane: I'll buy it for you, don't even try and stop me~
King: Diane you really don't have to-

Diane put her finger on Kings mouth and shushed him.

Diane: I've already made up my mind.

King nodded. Diane left the house

Diane was looking through the shop and found the Reeces till she heard a familiar voice

Howzer: Diane!
Diane: Howzer? Hi

Howzer ran up to Diane and greeted her

Howzer: I'm so glad I ran into you..
Diane: Aw! Thanks
Howzer: Are you going to prom tomorrow?
Diane: Yeah, I am
Howzer: You know I have a question.. For you.
Diane: Yeah? What's up??
Howzer: I was Uhm.. Wondering.. If you.. Maybe wanted to go to prom.. With me?

Diane felt a bit sad by this

Diane: I'm.. Im sorry. I'm already going with someone..
Howzer: Elizabeth, I know.
Diane: No, I'm going with King.

Howzer felt betrayed.

Howzer: King? You're going with.. *scoff* King? Seriously?
Diane: Yes, Howzer, is there a problem with it?
Howzer: He was the one that told me to ask?

Howzer lied.

Diane was shocked by this.

Howzer: I guess he just wanted to boast in my face, after me opening up about my feelings.. And everything.. I guess he was just snickering against my back this whole time..

Diane felt quite upset

Diane: He did that?
Howzer: Yeah.. I thought we were friends.. I'm.. Im sorry I bothered you..

Howzer started to walk off.

Diane: Wait..

Howzer smirked before changing to a depressed face.

Howzer: Yeah? What's up?
Diane: I'm sorry he did that.. Are you okay?
Howzer: Well.. I was looking forward to it. I remember he would.. Always laugh at me for having a crush on you, I always.. Thought we were friends.. Ya know?.. I really wanted to go with you, He's also known for ages.

Diane made a rash decision

Diane: Maybe.. I'll go with you.
Howzer: N-No it's alright. You're already going with King.. It's fine-
Diane: I don't want to go with cocky guys.. I'm not a trophy. I.. I'll go with you, Howzer.
Howzer: You can't go just to spite him..
Diane: Howzer. We're friends. And I'm really mad at King for what he did, now that I realise.. He's really mean to you. He's constantly trying to steer clear of you when we hang out? He's been a real.. Dick to you.

Howzer held back his smirk.

Howzer: Yeah.. But he's had a rough time too..
Diane: Howzer you're so nice.. King doesn't deserve to be friends with you.
Howzer: You think??
Diane: Yeah!

Diane smiled at Howzer. Howzer smiled back at her, it looked like a gentle smile.. But it was very devious.

King got a text from Diane telling him to pack everything up.

King txt: Is everything okay??
Diane txt: You're not staying over.
King txt: Oh, alright..?

King felt something was off. He packed up and as he finished he saw Diane, she was mad.

King: Hey.. You get the reeces?
Diane: No. I didn't. Get out of my house
King: W-What? You sound mad-
Diane: Pack your shit and leave, King.
King: Y-Yeah.. Sorry..

King felt really upset. He packed up and left the house. Diane felt guilty afterwards, but knew he was a dickhead to one of her friends. So she wasn't having it.

When King got home he started to think about what just happened. Did she suddenly just hate him?

King: What the hell did I do wrong?