Chapter 21

Time seemed to stand still as a huge wave of energy surged out of Eri and directly onto Hizashi. Eri struggled to open her eyes, watching his neck and waiting for it to look healed. Hizashi felt himself silently screaming with how agonizing this felt.

Shouta ran up towards them, trying to get a view of Hizashi as well so he could stop Eri at the right time.

Her quirk felt as if he was being torn apart and put together again rapidly, like time itself was caving in.

Then it was over.

Eri fell off him, almost hitting the ground before Shouta caught her. Hizashi fell backwards too, laying down on the concrete to regain his breath.

"Zashi?" Shouta called, still helping Eri stay standing.

Hizashi reached to his neck with his hand, softly touching it, hesitating slightly.

The skin was normal again.

He realized that his usual obnoxiously loud breathing had been silenced.

It… It worked…

"Eri…" He whispered, letting go of his throat. "Eri, ya did it…!"

She gave a huge smile, running up to Hizashi and wrapping her arms around him as he sat up. Shouta was smiling too. Hizashi amusedly noted how he moved his hair into his face more to hide his eyes.

"Aww Sho… You ain't cryin', are ya?"
Shouta sat next to Hizashi, shoving his hair out of his face, giving a smug smile.

"Shut up, Zashi."

"Not in a million years, pal! Do you have any idea how deprived I am, man!?" He laughed, hugging Eri and looking down at her.

"Thank ya so much… I don't know how I can make this up to ya, kid."

"You owe her a song. Start with that."
"Ah! Ya have a point!" He laughed, looking over to his guitar across the street.

"I'll get it, Zashi-Dad." Eri offered, running to go grab it.

"You have no idea how much pent up complaining I have." Hizashi grinned to Shouta, chuckling.

"Don't make me regret this, you dumbass." Shouta rolled his eyes, pulling Hizashi close and kissing him hard on the lips, letting happy tears trickle down his cheeks.

"Daaadsss!" Eri complained, running back to them with the guitar.

Hizashi let out a loud PFFFT and started cackling more, blushing as he took his guitar from Eri.

"Same ol' song?" He asked, eyes smiling at her.

"Yeah!!!"

"Only for you, lil listener. Get ready for the most breathtakin' voice you'll ever hear in ya lifetime!" He winked, strumming his song for her.

Shouta sat back and smiled, wiping his eyes as Hizashi sang.

Everything's finally going to be okay.

●○°•♡•°○●

Thank you all so much for reading!! This is my first story and I'm super proud of it! Have a great day! Love ya!!!

-Harper