Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Monday morning rolls around and I walk up to the office building and Ruby and Annie are waiting for me at the door. "Morning Ladies." I say and they say good morning back. Walking inside, I show them to their offices and tell them to take a few minutes to get organized and to meet me in the conference room in fifteen minutes.

Fifteen minutes later, we are in the conference room and I have made us coffee and Rio had followed me in with breakfast. While we eat, we talk. "So, I was thinking, I am starting you both out with one client each. When you meet with the clients, I will be there with you but you will lead the meetings. I will be here for any questions you have or if you need any input but these are your accounts. That means you are the ones that get the money from those projects." I tell them. I explain each client and they make notes and tell them what the client is like and what they normally look for with their projects. "How is your little girl doing Ruby?" I ask. "She's okay for now. She has her next treatment tomorrow morning but her dad is going to take her to it." she tells me. "You know if you need off for her appointments, we can schedule your client meetings around them. That's one thing about the clients I work with. They are all family men and they are all family oriented." I tell her and she nods. "What about you Annie?" I ask. "I'm having trouble finding a lawyer that doesn't look at me like I'm this horrible mother." she tells me. "I have someone that might help." I tell her and write some info on a card. "Call her. She's great and won't judge you." I tell her and she smiles softly as she takes the card from me.

We are heading back to our office and the front door opens. We all look at the door and see Beth walk in. "Can I help you?" I ask as she looks around. She looks at Ruby and Annie and says "You still working for them?" Annie speaks up and says "No. We're working for her. It's legit work." Annie says. Beth laughs. "You seriously believe that shit? She's connected to Rio. What makes you think that she's doing anything legit?" Beth asks. "Because we checked everything out before we said yes." Ruby says and Beth rolls her eyes. "Do you need something Beth?" I ask. "Yes. I need my sister and my best friend to come to their senses and leave you alone." she says. About that time, Rio walks in with lunch for all of us. "The fuck are you doing here?" he asks. Beth looks at him and looks him up and down. He walks over and kisses me softly and says "I brought lunch for you ladies. Figured you'd be hard at work." I smile and Ruby walks over and takes it from him and sets it on the counter. "Beth, you need to leave. This is my place of business and if you don't leave I will have you removed." I say. "Oh and how are you going to do that? Going to have gang friend here take me out?" she asks. "No." I say. I pull out my cell phone and make a call. "Yes, I need a police officer at 651 Anchor Street. I have a trespasser that is refusing to vacate my business. That would be great. Thank you." I say and end the call. A couple of minutes later, the police come in. "Are you the one that called?" one officer asks Beth and she smirks. "I'm the one that called. I am the owner of this business and she's been asked to leave and is refusing." I tell him. They turn to look at Beth and she says "They are doing illegal things here." she says. One of the officers looks at me and says "Dreva, is there anything illegal going on?" he asks and he's someone that used to come into the coffee shop on Sundays and we talked several times. "No David. Nothing illegal is going on. I left my firm and started my own. You're welcome to look around and look at my files if you need." I tell him. "That won't be necessary. He turns to Beth and says "You are to vacate the premises and if you come back, you will be arrested." he tells he and she huffs before walking out the door.

Rio walks back over to me and puts his hand on the small of my back. "Something you wanna tell me Princess?" he asks. I look up at him and say "He used to come into the coffee shop with his wife on Sundays. They haven't been in much since they had their baby." I tell him and he kisses the side of my head while Ruby and Annie smile.