Unit's True Self

STORY STATUS: COMPLETE

AUTHOR NOTE: SO YEAH, TITLE IS INSANELY TRASHY I'LL CHANGE IT ONCE I FIND A BETTER NAME BUT ANYWAYS THIS IS A WRITER DUMP JUST FOR FUN USING TAILS BC I LOVE HIM + HE DESERVES SOME RECOGNITION

EXTRA NOTES: BRO MY FACE IS LOOKING SO SHINY TODAY LIKE AYOOOOO ANYWAYS IM GOING OFF TOPIC-

EVERY OTHER STORY BEFORE THIS IS COMPLETE SO GO CHECK EM OUT!!

ENJOYYY <33

-

-

-

Tails was more than happy to take Unit in after learning about his passion for poetry, and finding out that Unit could be a good person, or- robot in this situation.

Sonic and Knuckles were a lot more cautious around Unit than Tails was, and made sure Tails was careful around Unit. Even if Unit was shown to be a good robot, Sonic and Knuckles didn't want anything to do with them.

Anyways, it has been about two days since Unit had joined their home, and having Tails be his caretaker. Tails had been working on him and fixing up the robot, Unit had been having few malfunctions and problems, but it was no big deal for Tails.

"Tails, hun, lunch is ready!" Mrs. Wachowski yelled from the kitchen. "Coming!! Be right back Unit," Tails said as he went down the attic to the kitchen. Sonic and Knuckles were already sitting down, so Tails joined them.

"Hey Tails, how's that robot doing? What was his name again?" Sonic said suddenly, trying to start a conversation with Tails. "Its Unit, Sonic, and he's doing fine, I'm just fixing up the last few things and then he'll be good as new! I just have to upgrade his voice box, it was a little wonky so I had to look inside Unit and push past the wires to find his voice box, and-" Tails said, when Sonic cut him off before Tails started his 1 hour science talks.

"Yeah, okay, you dont need to explain everythinggg Tails," Sonic said laughing, this made Tails end up laughing too. "Wanna play baseball with me and Knuckles right after this?" Sonic asked enthusiastically, hoping Tails says yes. "Ah yes, you should join Sonic and I in base of ball!" Knuckles suddenly said, joining the conversation.

Tails had thought about fixing up Unit after lunch, but he could always take a break. He didn't wanna overwork himself either. So he agreed. "Great!" Sonic said, stuffing the rest of the food in his mouth in a flash. "Lets go! Race ya guys there! Last one's a rotten egg!" Sonic said as he left the house. Maddie sighed, looking to the wide open front door as Sonic left.

A second later Knuckles also bolted out of the house after Sonic. Tails joined soon later.

Once Tails arrived at the baseball court, Sonic had already been chilling, he came in first, Knuckles was raging as he was claimed second, and Tails was third. Once Tails arrived he realized he forgot to tellUnit he was leaving. Shoot. It was fine though, Unit would be fine on his own. He knew he'd be.

-

-

-

After their game of baseball, Maddie took them to celebrate with ice cream, Knuckles got grapes instead, he really liked grapes. Once they arrived home, Tails went back upstairs to check on Unit. He had been out for 2 hours, so he made up by fixing his voice box immediately.

"Unit, can you talk for me? You're voice box should be working fine now," Tails said looking at the robot. "Thank you for fixing my voice box, now I shall successfully conquer the world with poetry, starting with you, Tails," the robot said. Tails gave off a light laugh, before he fixed Unit's voice box, he introduced him to everyone. Still,it was a bit ldd hearing his name from the robot.