ITMOT 31

PAYBACK TIME

HIS sanity snapped back into reality when he heard a knock on the door and his secretary enter his office.

“Sir, dumaan po d’to si Sir Zeon, ipinapabigay niya po ‘to sa ‘yo,” ani secretary niya. “Titulo at susi daw ng bahay sa San Diego.”

“Okay, thank you!”

“Nga pala, Sir remind ko lang kayo about your dinner with Mr. Dela Fuego at 7 pm.”

He nods. “Copy that. You can now take your break.”

“Sige po, Sir. Thank you,” the secretary said and immediately left the office.

When the clock arrow finally strikes the time seven in the evening, he leaves his work in his office to drive through the dinner venue with Mr. Dela Fuego in Garden of Delights—a Spanish-themed restaurant.

Pagkarating niya sa resto, Mr. Dela Fuego was already there waiting patiently for his arrival.

“Why all of a sudden, Mr. Dela Fuego?” he started the conversation while waiting for their food. “You wanted to be part of our new project–Grand Coastal Haven.”

Mr. Dela Fuego took a sip first of his tea, after that, he spoke out, “Why not, Mr. Valiente? We used to be associates in business, and would it be great if we will do it again. Besides, I can see the potential of your project. As a businessman, I will not just invest in one, I should try and risk other opportunities. And I believe that being part of this project, my investment will not go to waste...it is worth to risk.”

Mr. Dela Fuego has a good reputation in business and has numerous colleagues of investors. If he let him be part of the project, malaki ang maitutulong niya r’to.

Grand Coastal Haven project will be their last resort, para tuluyan makabangon sa pagkautang at pagkalugi nila noon. They can't fail this project, so they need a strong foundation of investors on this. Subalit, kailangan niya maging maingat sa mga tao i-involve niya sa project.

Ayaw niya na maulit noon na trinaydor sila ng pinagkatiwalaan nila tao sa kompanya, na naging sanhi ng pagbagsak nito.

“Mr. Dela Fuego, I heard you're about to leave your position and your company. Kaya bakit gusto mo mag-invest sa project namin, kung tila magpapahinga ka na sa business.”

“Yes, you're right, Mr. Valiente. Honestly, I'm doing this for my unica hija...I wanted her to exert her knowledge and skills in business in this project...”

“...Para malaman ko kung karapat-dapat ko na ba ibigay sa kaniya ang posisyon ko. Gusto ko malaman ko kung gaano siya kahanda sakali hawakan niya na ang businesses ko,” Mr. Dela Fuego continued.

“...Naisip ko ang maging parte siya ng project niyo ang makatulong sa kaniya. Would you do me a favor, Mr. Valiente?”

“It seems that you're not doing this as a businessman, but rather as a father who wanted to challenge his daughter's capabilities in handling business projects.”

“You got my point, Mr. Valiente.”

He paused for a moment and sip his tea, before letting out his decision on Mr. Dela Fuego's favor.