Chapter XI

3RD POV
America woke up to feel Russia gone. He grumbly sat done on chair and Ukraine giving some pancakes. America chuckled. The pancakes reminded him of his brother who would stomp down the stairs and gobble the entire plate of pancakes when they were little. Ukraine snapped his train of thought saying his boyfriend? Maybe he is. Back to America and Ukraine, "If you are looking for my brother or your boyfriend, he is outside." America got up and brought his food with him.

"Warning, he will make you blush instantly." America looked at him and chuckled, "Yeah right." Once stepping out, he wished he took Ukraine's warning properly. Russia was training with no shirt on and it made America drool. America composed himself as Russia turned to look at him. "Hey~" America stared at his stomach, 'He looks so hot. Wonder if-' "America, you good?" Russia snapped his fingers to get his attention. America blushed and looked at Russia. "Stop staring down. Don't want me to think that you like me because of this~"

America covered his face and heard Ukraine shouting "I warned you!" to America. Russia lowered his hands and kissed him. After that, he walked around his training area and poked one of the dummies. "So, what is this about?" He responded with, "Every fifty years, there is a battle for the leadership in the element, mostly in ours. Those who signed up, mostly those whose family were past leaders and lost and the family who were leader until the death of their assigned. My father was the leader for many years until he passed away from a disease."

He sighed, "So now, I fight for my family's honor." America smiled and said, "I think you can beat them and show them who is boss." Russia laughed. America liked how he made him laugh. He learned and watched Russia train but he said he will continue tomorrow which will show those he will be fighting soon that he is strong and not to be messed with. America helped Kazakhstan take care of Russia's younger siblings and Ukraine cooking. Ukraine was thankful of how much his brother was doing for the family.

He felt like he needed to tell his brother about his relationship soon but maybe not now. Maybe some other time. Right now, he needed his lover to encourage him to train hard. The next day, Russia and America went to one of his training centers. One isn't enough, contestants need to get used to the different environments that they will have endure especially the different powers or skills they will do. America wanted to try out one of the equipment which was simulation. Russia helped him set up and he also needed to train using it as well. He didn't mind his cute boyfriend to help him train a bit.

The simulation started as the sand around them is controlled by the person handling the area. The sand transformed to unknown monsters that lunged at them. America, not being an experienced fighter, mostly ran and dodged their attacks. Russia didn't mind the extra work he had to endure. In the end, America learned not to try any of his equipment. He did train because of his father but they weren't realistic as his. Just as they were leaving they heard snickering. "Well well, look what we have hear. The cheater and a weakling."

America didn't know who they are but Russia did. They are part solely because for the new generation of leaders. "Well something nice to say do we, Vietnam." America noticed that both hands and feet are covered in lava rocks.  He felt being pushed down and Russia transforming to his dragon form and Vietnam growling. America watched as the two fought. "Guys? Guys!" He tried and tried but this ended up him being punched by Vietnam in the stomach. He got up and some power just came to him. Then he blacked out. He only saw glimpses and watched as Russia tried to comfort him.