That All is Well

Miwa was in that void again, with the voice.

This time, though, things were different. For starters, the voice brought the mask as well, so she guessed that was his physical manifestation.

And second, he was pissed off.

"I can't believe you would do something like this," the voice growled.

"Like what? I followed the scroll to the letter," Miwa said, confused. She didn't understand why the voice seemed so mad and... mildly concerned? Either way, she didn't know what the fuss was about.

"Is this about what I did with the sword? Because if I wasn't supposed to personalize it-"

"Did you not know that?" Marabas's exasperation was palpable at this point.

'"I just wanted mine to look cool, ok? Besides, what's the big deal, anyway? It's not like it's linked to me or anything."

Whatever retort the demon had died in its throat as he suddenly considered a possibility.

"Tell me, Kasumi, did the scrolls come with any warnings?"

Miwa tilted her head in mild confusion and milder concern. "No, why?"

A silence followed as realization dawned on Marabas that Miwa didn't know what she was doing, leading to his fervor to die to be replaced with pity. "So you didn't know, huh?"

"Know what? You're scaring me, demon. It's not linked to my soul, right?"

"Well..." Marabas said, trying to find an easy way to break the news. "Not your soul, per se...

"Oh, ok, that's fine."

"Just your forearm. Your right forearm, to be precise."

"What?"

"It's not so bad," Marabas said, trying to console the child. "So long as it's linked to your cursed energy, you can control it, which you can do by running cursed energy through your arm, which as of now, is a lot harder. But your arm is essentially dead weight without cursed energy now, and the sword and your
arm take the same damage. On the plus side, your flow of cursed energy is more efficient now."

The words were lost on Miwa, who didn't even process the first one properly.

"Look, there's a reason why you don't personalize things here. The person who made me was intrinsically linked to a lot of things, which played a part in his death." Marabas chuckled cynically. "He didn't have a good enough understanding of his power, but Sukuna realized quickly, which quickly led to
him focusing his technique on the armor instead of piercing it.

"Still, it took a while, since he wasn't as strong as he was in his prime. Well, you know how-oh, she's still shocked. Well, this is going to take a while."

Miwa remained that way for a minute, which wasn't long but was enough for Marabas to get agitated and send her out. Before she could even voice a complaint, the void broke, and Miwa tumbled through the hole into reality again, as she had done two days ago.

When Miwa woke up, she noticed how cold she felt.

It was normal, she told herself. Her sheets must just be getting a bit threadbare.

When she tried to move her right arm, it felt incredibly heavy by the forearm section.

"I probably just slept on it weird and paid the price, nothing a little cursed energy can't fix."

This carried out throughout the day, as her reasons for denial became more and more extreme, until...
"So you mean to tell me that the reason that you cut a plate that was falling directly above you, that you would not have even known about had you not heard the sound of the perfect halves falling around you, was not the sword that you made yesterday flying about, but your just that fast," Todo said with all the belief in his voice of a Reddit atheist.